Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Today, The Gleaner continues its series on individuals, aged 20-29, who have successfully started business ventures and are experiencing steady growth. If you know someone who should be featured, email email@example.com.In an era where...
At a time when domestic violence is on the rise in Jamaica, there has been a sharp reduction in the number of police personnel murdering their spouses.The police say that over the past two years, they have not recorded a single killing of a spouse...
The police are urging all Jamaicans to join the partnership for the prevention of domestic violence and last Thursday senior members of the Force made a special appeal as they addressed a Gleaner Editors' Forum.ACP Ealan Powell"Let all of all us...
Veteran immigration attorney-at-law Dahlia Walker-Huntington is of the firm belief that the Jamaican economy will soon feel the sting of the ramped-up deportation exercises currently taking place in the United States.The heightened fear of...
The US$20.5-million project to widen Marcus Garvey Drive in Kingston now stands at 94 per cent completion, and, by all current indications, is on schedule to wrap up in March.The project, which began on March 21, 2016, is centred on the widening of...
- Elaine clocks world-leading 6.98secs in Birmingham Elaine Thompson, won the women’s 60m at the Birmingham Grand Prix on Saturday. Thompson clocked a personal best and world-leading 6.98 seconds, the eighth-fastest time ever. She was followed by Gayon Evans and Christania Williams In the men... Read More
- Prisoner escapes from May Pen Hospital The Clarendon police have launched a manhunt for a prisoner who escaped from the May Pen Hospital this morning while undergoing treatment for dengue fever. The escapee has been identified as 21-year-old Tevin Robinson, who police say has been... Read More
- Gov't Restarts Bidding For NMIA Divestment The Government has launched an invitation for prequalification as it makes another attempt to divest the Norman Manley International Airport (NMIA). The deadline for submission of applications is noon on April 3. The previous tender process,... Read More
- Vybz of the youth Vybz Kartel was the biggest winner at the 10th annual Youth View Awards (YVA), held at the National Indoor Sports Arena in St Andrew on Saturday. Vybz Kartel, who is serving a life sentence for murder, received five awards from his eight nominations... Read More
- Double Murder In Manchester The Manchester police have confirmed the shooting deaths of two men in Comfort district in the parish last night. Thirty-three-year-old Kemar Reid also known as 'Colour man' and another man called Solanda Thompson, both of Bottom Road in... Read More
- Scotchies To Close Kingston Franchise The Kingston franchise of Scotchies have announced closure. Yesterday, Scotchies Restaurants of Jamaica announced that it has withdrawn consent for the use of its trademark by Tony J Limited. The notice said consent was withdrawn effective February... Read More