Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
BLACK HILL, Portland: A Titchfield High schoolboy was killed and 23 children hospitalised when a 15-seater bus with almost double its capacity plunged over a precipice along the Black Hill main road in Portland yesterday afternoon. A female...
Five weeks after a controversial $9-million donation from Petrojam hit the bank account of the Sydenham Citizens’ Association, nearly all the cash was removed in nine withdrawals of $900,000 each, a Gleaner investigation has revealed. The donation...
Following a ruling by the director of public prosecutions that they be charged last Friday, corporals Kirk Fraser and Ramone Scott were yesterday remanded when they made their first appearance in the downtown Kingston-based Home Circuit Court. The...
Reputed gang leader Uchence Wilson was yesterday heard in an audio recording pleading with police personnel for his then girlfriend, accused Shantol Gordon, to not face criminal charges, claiming that she had no knowledge of alleged criminal...
Police and road-safety experts are hoping that the new Road Traffic Act will drive fear into deviant motorists, whipping them into line by making traffic tickets a greater deterrent to dangerous driving practices. With the police issuing more than...
- Mexico City Declares Pollution Alert Officials in Mexico City have declared an environmental emergency after air pollution in the Mexican capital reached levels potentially dangerous to human health. They urged those at particular risk to stay indoors and restricted the number of... Read More
- National Security Minister Dr. Horace Chang In Motor Vehicle Crash National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang was in motor vehicle crash in Grants Pen, St Andrew Wednesday morning.He was rushed to hospital to undergo tests.His close protection security officer was also injured and is receiving treatment.The... Read More
- Teen Killed In Triple Shooting Near 'Price Rite' Businesses on Chancery Street near Meadowbrook in St Andrew were forced to close early yesterday in the wake of a gun attack that claimed the life of a 19-year-old man. The incident occurred in the vicinity of the Meadowvale Seventh-day... Read More
- JUTC Bus Destroyed By Fire In Half-Way Tree A Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) bus was destroyed by fire in Half-Way Tree, St.Andrew on Tuesday evening.Reports are that about 6:00 p.m., commuters saw smoke coming from the bus and raised an alarm. Soon after the alarm was raised, the... Read More
- SDC Community T20 Cricket Gets $40m Boost from Wray & Nephew The Social Development Commission (SDC) and Wray & Nephew National Community T20 Cricket Competition, endorsed by the Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA), bowls off this Saturday, promising to bring communities closer together while sharing... Read More
- US Military Reports Major Spike In Sex Assaults The US military has reported a major spike in sexual assaults, despite years of efforts to address the problem. Figures show 20,500 instances of unwanted sexual contact, occurred in 2018, up from 14,900 in 2016 which is the last time a survey... Read More