Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Jamaican Government has taken issue with the country's ranking in the 2015 Trafficking in Person Report released by the United States, countering that in some cases, the findings were not evidence-based, while in other instances, they were...
THE ELECTORAL Commission of Jamaica (ECJ) will shortly be recommending legislative changes for the holding of general and local government elections on the same day.Chairman of the ECJ, Dorothy Pine-McLarty, told The Gleaner yesterday that Director...
BY THE END of the year, members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) could start wearing body cameras when they are deployed to front-line duties.That's according to National Security Minister Peter Bunting, who revealed yesterday that the United...
President of the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce Warren McDonald is alleging that political interference, cronyism, and special interest have stymied Jamaica's ability to grow and has called for a special regime to deal with the divestment of State...
THE ST Andrew headquarters of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) is being held together by termites, Police Commissioner Dr Carl Williams quipped yesterday."Some might think it's a joke, but it's not. If you go there, you will see the termites...
- Falling tree injures eight children at California summer camp Eight children have been injured after a large pine tree suddenly fell onto a group of youngsters at a California summer camp. Two were hospitalised and in critical condition after the 75-foot-tall tree fell on them. The injured children were... Read More
- Jamaica Constabulary Force To Get Body Cams By Year End By the end of the year, members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) could start wearing body cameras when they are deployed to front-line duties. That's according to National Security Minister Peter Bunting, who revealed yesterday that the... Read More
- Timothy Crook detained for life for killing elderly parents A man who killed his parents in a "brutal" attack before dumping their bodies 150 miles away has been detained in a secure hospital. Timothy Crook, was sentenced to a life hospital order after being convicted of manslaughter. Crook, who... Read More
- PM heads to NY to give perspective on security threats facing Ja, C’bean Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller will on Thursday address a special United Nations Open Debate on Peace and Security Challenges Facing Small Island Developing States at the UN Headquarters in New York. A release from the Office of the Prime... Read More
- Mexico fires football coach The Mexico Football Federation voted yesterday to fire coach Miguel Herrara following an alleged fight that took place at Philadelphia International Airport between the coach and a journalist. Mexican television commentator Christian Martin-oli... Read More
- 23 Year-old Charged with Planning to Detonate Bomb A 23-year-old man has been charged with planning to detonate a backpack bomb on a Florida beach. Harlem Suarez s been charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction. Prosecutors claim he was inspired by the Islamic State militant group... Read More