Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
West Indies are in serious danger of losing the opening test against host South Africa in Centurion.
In what will be a rare occurrence, five members of Jamaica's Appeals Court will next year hear an appeal brought by gay rights activist and lawyer, Maurice Tomlinson against a Constitutional Court rul
Junior minister in the Transport and Works Ministry, Richard Azan, says most of the funds in his ministry will be diverted to tackling flood-affected districts in St Mary.
A woman accused of swindling money from a number of individuals, by claiming that she could obtain jobs on their behalf, is to return to court today.
The Jamaica Urban Transit Company says it will no longer allow customers to use their Smarter Cards to pay concessionary fares for other passengers.
- 62-y-o Trinidadian sentenced to 17 years in jail for ganja A 62-year-old street vendor found in possession of more than TT$500 000 worth of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking was yesterday sentenced to 17 years in prison. Dennis Sandy was sentenced after a trial before Justice Devan Rampersad in the... Read More
- Woman stabbed to death in ‘Back Road’ motel An alleged sex worker was stabbed to death at a motel along Port Henderson Road, popularly known as ‘Back Road’ in the Portmore area early this morning. The woman, who was only identified as Kimberly was found lying on a bed with several... Read More
- R.I.P MISS EDWARDS, DEMARCO'S MOTHER DIED The outstanding year for dancehall artist Demarco has just turned to gloom following reports of his mother passing away. Demarco's mother, Gloria Edwards, reportedly passed away early Wednesday morning. Mrs. Edwards, had been ailing for some... Read More
- Guyana man hacks to death 3 people with machete Police in Guyana say a sugarcane worker has killed three people with a machete, including a 9-year-old girl. The man apparently was targeting his ex-girlfriend when he broke into her home early yesterday. The woman was hospitalized in serious... Read More
- Policeman killed in Manchester A Constable attached to the Manchester Division was shot dead on Thursday by gunmen. He has been identified as Orville Preddie. The policeman, who was off duty, was in a bar in the community of Asia about 11 o'clock when a car drove up. Men... Read More
- Jamaica Bids For 2016 AFNA Championships Jamaica is hoping to host the next Americas Federation of Netball Associations (AFNA) Championships in 2016. Netball Jamaica president, Marva Bernard, is reporting that no other country has put in a bid to host after the regional netball... Read More