Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Cable and Wireless Communications (CWC) and Columbus Communications has responded to concerns raised by the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (ECTEL) on their proposed merger.
Forty-six-year-old custom broker clerk Hugh Richards has been freed by the Court of Appeal of his four-year prison sentence for his alleged involvement in a massive gun and ammunition find at ...
Outstanding forensic reports have further stalled the case of the two inmates charged in connection with the death of 31-year-old construction worker Mario Deane.
Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller is to make an announcement on the composition of the National Housing Trust's Board following a meeting of the Cabinet on Monday
Tourism Minister, Dr Wykeham McNeil says the recent removal of the visa requirement for Chinese tourists to vacation the island is expected to play a major role in attracting nationals from ...
- Apec summit: China and Japan in ice-breaker talks The leaders of China and Japan have met for formal talks after more than two years of severe tension over a territorial dispute. Chinese President Xi Jinping and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe met on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (... Read More
- Holness now included on disaster management council JUSTICE Minister Mark Golding on Friday agreed to the inclusion of Andrew Holness on the National Disaster Risk Management Council (NDRMC) after Opposition senators voiced concern about the make-up of the council in the Upper House. The Opposition... Read More
- Richie Stephens reaping success from latest project Richie Stephens continues to benefit internationally from the success of his latest project 'Everybody Dance,' which had its world premiere on WorldStarHipHop.com earlier this month. The singer will headline the inaugural One Caribbean... Read More
- Bomb rocks ATM in NE Nigeria, several dead A bomb concealed in a black plastic bag killed several people at a cash point in north Nigeria's Bauchi state this morning. Multiple residents of the targeted town said that the bomber approached people who were in the line outside a First Bank... Read More
- Youth, Health ministries collaborate to provide assistance for wards-of- the-state The Ministry of Youth and Culture has joined with the Ministry of Health to provide medical assistance for wards of the state with disabilities. Minister of Youth and Culture, Lisa Hanna says that children in state care particularly those with... Read More
- 18-y-o fatally shot, friend injured in May Pen An 18-year old male is dead while another young man is nursing injuries following a shooting incident in the Rose Hall district of May Pen, Clarendon last night. Reports are that the two were among friends when a masked gunman approached and opened... Read More