Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Lambert Brown and Tom Tavares-Finson, who stood on either side of the divide during Jamaica's angry ideological debates of the 1970s and '80s, were at one in praise of Fidel Castro yesterday, as members of the Senate gave warm tributes to the former...
Executive Director of the JCPD Christine Hendricks said that while various entities have been making an effort to make their physical spaces more accessible to PWDs, more needs to be done to ensure that information is also accessible to that group."...
WESTERN BUREAU:Despite being a government senator and chairman of the powerful Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Area Council Four, Councillor Charles Sinclair, who retained his seat in the recent local government elections, said he would be happy to serve...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has said that the National Security Council is finalising a comprehensive action plan that will assist in the reduction of crime.According to the prime minister, the Government has the resolve to tackle crime and secure...
WESTERN BUREAU:Jamaica's tourism industry received a significant boost on Thursday afternoon with the announcement that Delta Vacations and Turissimo Excursions have partnered to bring in some 60,000 visitors to the island over the next 12 months.At...
- Cornwall face STETHS in daCosta Cup final Saturday Cornwall College, will seek to add to their daCosta Cup tally when they take on defending champions St Elizabeth Technical High School (STETHS) in the final of the ISSA/FLOW-sponsored competition at the Montego Bay Sports Complex on Saturday,... Read More
- Medical Association Voices AIDS Concerns As countries around the globe mark World AIDS day 2016, the Medical Association of Jamaica (MAJ) is lamenting the effects HIV/AIDS continues to have on the local population. It notes that approximately 1.6 per cent of Jamaica's adult population... Read More
- Portmore United clip Humble Lion in RSPL clash Ewan Grandison scored a stoppage time winner as Portmore United clipped Humble Lion 1-0 at Effortville on Wednesday to climb to third on the Red Stripe Premier League table. The victory pushes Portmore United to 24 points, which means they trail... Read More
- Driver in critical condition after crash on North South Highway A male driver has been hospitalised in critical condition following a motor vehicle crash on the North South Highway Wednesday afternoon. About 12:30 p.m., the man was driving a truck hauling a 40-foot container, when he reportedly failed to... Read More
- EOJ To Finish Counting Local Government Elections Ballots Today The Electoral Office of Jamaica (EOJ) says it expects the final count of ballots cast in the local government polls to be completed today. The EOJ says at the end of counting yesterday, only 30 Electoral Divisions were left to be completed. The EOJ... Read More
- Walker Cup final switched to National Stadium There is yet another change of venue for today’s ISSA Flow Walker Cup knockout final between Jamaica College and Kingston College. The match is now scheduled for the National Stadium, a slight change from the Stadium East facility. Jamaica... Read More