- Reggae Boys up to places to 59 on FIFA Ladder Jamaica’s Reggae Boys moved up two places to 59th in the latest FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings. Jamaica remains the top team in the English speaking Caribbean and fifth in Concacaf. Caribbean neighbors Trinidad and Tobago who sent USA packing from... Read More
- Seven charged for lottery scamming The Major Organised Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) is reporting that seven people who were two weeks ago arrested during an operation in sections of St James and Westmoreland, have been charged for lottery scamming. Reports are that on... Read More
- Reggae Artist Leroy Gibbons shot and wounded Police are investigating the circumstances under which Reggae Artist Leroy Gibbons was shot and wounded by gunmen on Port Henderson Road popularly called back road in Portmore St Catherine this morning. Gibbons who underwent a surgery is... Read More
- Denham Town declared second Zone of Special Operations Government has declared Denham Town in West Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform Act. The announcement was made by Police Commissioner George Quallo at a press conference at Jamaica House this morning. He said 12... Read More
- Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March Reggae Peace Ambassador D-Medz will lead Clarendonians in a walk for peace dubbed the Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March on Monday, October 16, National Heroe’s Day in the Clarendon capital, May Pen. The Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March will start... Read More
- Third escapee from Linstead lock-up recaptured The police have now recaptured three of the six prisoners, who escaped from lock-up at the Linstead Police Station in St Catherine on Wednesday. The third man — 28-year-old Ezroy Cohen, who was charged with burglary and rape — was held yesterday... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Senate yesterday passed legislation amending the Processed Food Act and the Processed Food (General) Regulations, 1959, removing the requirement for export certificates to facilitate the implementation of the Automated System for Customs Data (...
Caught off guard by what appears to be a dual effort by new Trinidadian shareholder Zodiac and investment house Mayberry at a hostile takeover of the Supreme Ventures Limited board, the current directors are huddling with their lawyers on how to...
Minister of National Security Robert Montague has charged the newly appointed board of the Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) to "clean ship" as they seek to restore public trust in the embattled entity.Retired Major General Antony Anderson is tasked...
He is accustomed to hearing the Jamaica AIDS Support for Life (JASL) being referred to as a gay lobby group, but Anglican priest and chairman of the board of directors for the human rights organisation, Canon Garth Minott, said, like Jesus, they are...
Jamaica has been doing relatively well in dealing with HIV but...- Programme Development Manager, Davina Gayle-Williams - We need to stop the discrimination.- Executive Director, Kandasi Levermore - We need to support people living with HIV.-...