Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce and chairman of the National Competitiveness Council Anthony Hylton has welcomed the latest Global Competitiveness Report from the World Economic Forum, which shows Jamaica retaining its ranking of 86.The...
Two stabbings within hours of each other inside the Half-Way Tree Transport Centre just over one week ago underscored thelawlessness which continues to rule the facility.This despite media highlighting the problem repeatedly over the years and...
Damion Crawford's popularity as a speaker at People's National Party (PNP) meetings is approaching rock-star status.With his flashing dreadlocks and his straight talk in the language of the people, Crawford draws long applause and cheers as soon as...
Devon Wint may not have a national profile like Dr Christopher Tufton, but the three-term councillor from Point Hill in the deep rural climes of St Catherine is a hardened political warrior who has spent his years in the trenches.Wint clipped Tufton...
Having been forcefully removed from the Shoemaker Gully in New Kingston little over a year ago, a group of homeless men, some of whom are cross-dressers, has resorted to living among the dead.The men have made the Cholera Cemetery, which is across...
- Hurricane Joaquin batters Bahamas, ship missing in storm Hurricane Joaquin ripped off roofs, uprooted trees and unleashed heavy flooding as it hurled torrents of rain across the eastern and central Bahamas. The U.S. Coast Guard has reported that a cargo ship with 33 people on board went missing during the... Read More
- PAJ blasts Jamaica House for restricting access to PM The Press Association of Jamaica this morning blasted Jamaica House for restricting media access to Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller while urging the Government to give the local press the respect it deserves. The release stated (and I quote)... Read More
- Kranium gives in to Rumors Kranium will be releasing his debut album, Rumors, on October 16th on Atlantic Records. The 12-track set is produced by New York-based producers LMR Pro and Ricky Blaze. Rumors includes Kranium's breakthrough single Nobody Has to Know (remix),... Read More
- Nigerian city of Maiduguri 'attacked by five girl bombers' Five young girls were behind a series of deadly explosions in a north-eastern Nigerian city which occurred yesterday. Fourteen people, including the girls, died and 39 were injured in the attacks at a mosque and house of vigilante leaders. More than... Read More
- JAMAICA SLIPS IN FIFA RANKINGS Jamaica has slipped five places on the FIFA Coca Cola World Cup rankings. The latest release of the rankings shows Jamaica down to 57 but still the number one ranked team in the Caribbean. They are ranked two places above rivals Trinidad and Tobago... Read More
- Ashley-Ann Foster wins poll to replace Lloyd B People's National Party delegates in St James Central voted yesterday for attorney Ashley- Ann Foster to represent the party in the constituency in the next general election. The 26-year-old Foster polled 252 votes, while her opponent Henry... Read More