Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
An unwavering commitment to service and betterment of the less fortunate. That was the defining characteristic of Dr Kenneth Baugh, whether he was at home in the role of husband and father, in the operating theatre as a gifted surgeon, or on the...
If it were up to Asif Ahmad, the British high commissioner to Jamaica, citizens of the former British colony would no longer require a visa to travel to the United Kingdom (UK). But since the legal requirement is out of his hands, the country will...
In an effort to boost its efforts in helping the police crack more cases, Crime Stop has created a website dedicated to collecting tips. The website – 311tips.com – allows persons to anonymously submit tips in the form of text, photos, and videos...
Business operators in both Clarendon and St Catherine are pleased with the announcement by National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang that opening hours under the state of public emergency in the parishes will be extended to 11 pm. The operators...
Melanie Schwapp, the only daughter among three children for Kenneth and Vilma Baugh, yesterday used a tribute to her father to also pay homage to their mother. The two had been together as man and wife for 54 years until the death of the former...
- Pompeo In Saudi Arabia, And Iran Threatens More US Drone Attacks U.S. Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo held talks Monday, with the Saudi king and crown prince, after days of mounting tensions, following the downing of a U.S drone last week and after President Donald Trump pulled back, from the brink of retaliatory... Read More
- Montego Bay Wants Supreme Court Branch Damia Dawes-Monthrope, a director of the Montego Bay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is recommending that the existing $1-million cap on claims, brought to the parish court be increased to $5 million to alleviate the problems liti-gants face when... Read More
- Labour Ministry Continues To Warn Against Suspicious Web-Links The Ministry of Labour and Social Security is again warning Jamaicans about suspicious links to websites which are being circulated by dishonest persons. The Ministry says a number of unscrupulous web-links, bearing false information, continue... Read More
- PNP Women's Movement Calls For Urgent Action To Protect Children The People's National Party Women's Movement (PNP-WM) is calling for a concentrated effort by the government, to protect children amidst continuous reports of crimes being committed against them. Citing media reports that nearly 100 children... Read More
- Women Will Bring The Speed A month from now, a speedy group of Jamaican ladies will sprint for the honour of running at the World Championships this September in Doha, Qatar. Among them will be Gayon Evans, the Commonwealth Games 100 metre bronze medal winner. The 29-... Read More
- TSA Allows Passengers To Travel With Drug Derived From Marijuana The Transportation Security Administration has changed its cannabis policy to allow passengers to travel with some forms of CBD oil and a drug derived from marijuana that has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. All forms of... Read More