Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) is once again offering shuttle service to the annual three-day Denbigh Agricultural, Industrial and Food Show in Clarendon.The 2016 Denbigh show will be held on July 30, July 31, and August 1, and the JUTC's...
WESTERN BUREAU:Minister of Health Dr Christopher Tufton has said the establishment of a mosquito-control unit in his ministry, is being contemplated in light of the continued global emergence of mosquito-borne diseases such as the Zika virus.Tufton...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has called for speed-detection technology to be installed along the Mandela Highway in St Catherine during the expansion of the road to a six-lane dual carriageway."I'm not certain whether or not the design plans call...
More than 6,000 patrons are expected to attend the 19th staging of the Emancipation Jubilee to be held at the Seville Heritage Park in St Ann.The cultural event, to be held under the theme 'United and Free ... What a Jubilee', will be held from...
A JUDGE yesterday had some harsh words for the Reverend Merrick 'Al' Miller before she found the popular pastor guilty of a corruption charge related to the 2010 capture of drug kingpin Christopher 'Dudus' Coke.Parish Judge Simone Wolfe-Reece said...
- Man beheads his grandfather during dispute A St. James man has been taken into custody on allegations that he chopped and beheaded his grandfather on July 14. Dead is 75 year old Byron Brown of an address in the parish. Reports are that about 4:00 p.m. Brown and his 25 year old grandson were... Read More
- Holness and Rowley to engage in bilateral talks in Jamaica today Dr. Keith Rowley, Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago and host prime minister, Andrew Holness, will engage in bilateral talks today. Rowley’s visit comes amid claims by some Jamaicans, including prominent business leaders, that existing... Read More
- Ky-mani Marley releases 'Rule My Heart' in Jamaica International reggae singer Ky-mani Marley has released a new video for the single, 'Rule My Heart', which is getting rotation on all major cable and TV channels. The video, produced by Konfrontation Muzik in association with Good Good... Read More
- Public urged to avoid Spanish Town Road amid gun violence Motorists are being advised to avoid the Spanish Town Road especially areas between Maxfield Avenue and Pechon Street in the downtown area. The police have issued the advisory due to gunfire from criminals in the area. Gunmen fired on the Tivoli... Read More
- Nice attack: Rihanna cancels concert as entertainment figures mourn Singer Rihanna has cancelled a concert in Nice in the wake of the Bastille Day attack that left at least 84 dead. The pop star wrote on Instagram her gig on Friday at the city's Allianz Stadium "would not be going ahead as planned... due to... Read More
- Brexit: PM is 'willing to listen to options' on Scotland Prime Minister Theresa May has told First Minister Nicola Sturgeon (STURJOHN) she is "willing to listen to options" on Scotland's future relationship with the European Union. But after talks, Mrs May appeared unwilling to consider a... Read More