Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
An unwavering commitment to service and betterment of the less fortunate. That was the defining characteristic of Dr Kenneth Baugh, whether he was at home in the role of husband and father, in the operating theatre as a gifted surgeon, or on the...
If it were up to Asif Ahmad, the British high commissioner to Jamaica, citizens of the former British colony would no longer require a visa to travel to the United Kingdom (UK). But since the legal requirement is out of his hands, the country will...
In an effort to boost its efforts in helping the police crack more cases, Crime Stop has created a website dedicated to collecting tips. The website – 311tips.com – allows persons to anonymously submit tips in the form of text, photos, and videos...
Business operators in both Clarendon and St Catherine are pleased with the announcement by National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang that opening hours under the state of public emergency in the parishes will be extended to 11 pm. The operators...
Melanie Schwapp, the only daughter among three children for Kenneth and Vilma Baugh, yesterday used a tribute to her father to also pay homage to their mother. The two had been together as man and wife for 54 years until the death of the former...
- Strong 6.6 Magnitude Earthquake Rocks El Salvador — USGS A 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of El Salvador on Thursday near the capital, but authorities said there were no initial reports of casualties or damage.The quake struck in the Pacific Ocean around 25 miles (40 kilometres) south of... Read More
- Police Continue To Probe Western Union Robbery Two men have been arrested following the robbery of the Western Union outlet in Junction, St Elizabeth yesterday afternoon, however, the police are searching for other suspects.Reports are that shortly before 3pm, the men, who were armed with guns,... Read More
- Murder At Cook Shop On Old Hope Road A security officer was shot dead by unknown assailants on Old Hope Road in Kingston yesterday. According to the police, men travelling on a motorcycle attacked 57-year-old Anthony Laoe, otherwise called 'Shower Man', at a cook shop along the... Read More
- Flash Flood Watch Continues For All Parishes The Meteorological Service has extended the flash flood watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes to 5:00 pm today. Met Service said the persistent trough across Jamaica and the central Caribbean continues to produce unstable... Read More
- Girlz Take Positives From Warm-Up Loss The final warm-up game against Scotland provided another memorable moment on the Reggae Girlz's historic path to the Fifa Women's World Cup, but it also provided a few lessons which the players are hoping to build on before getting to France. ... Read More
- Robert Muller Says Charging Trump Is Not An Option US Special Counsel Robert Mueller has said charging President Donald Trump with a crime was not an option, in his first comments on the Russia inquiry. He did not rule out giving testimony in Congress but said he would not give any information... Read More