Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The passage of the Road Traffic Act 2018 in Parliament on Tuesday brought some measure of relief for Dr Lucien Jones, vice-chairman of the National Road Safety Council (NRSC)."Thank God!" Jones said yesterday.However, he quickly cautioned that the...
WESTERN BUREAU:Five-year-old Tamelia Thompson knew that her sisters, Tiara and Tiana, were dead long before her teachers confirmed her premonition."We saw her crouched in a corner, praying," said Carolyn Brown, principal of the Providence Heights...
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) have emerged as the leading cause of death in Jamaica over the past 30 years, and while there has been an explosion of initiatives...
A year and a half after its establishment, the Caribbean Maritime Merchant Marine Cadet Corps (CMMC), the newest uniform group in high schools in Jamaica and an operational arm of the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU), is already showing signs of...
Twenty-four persons with either a PhD or a master's degree were not shortlisted to fill the post of chief executive officer (CEO) of the Universal Service Fund (USF), a report from the state-owned agency has revealed.Instead, the board of directors...
- Arnett clip Harbour View to stay at the summit of RSPL Defending champions Arnett Gardens remain at the summit of the Red Stripe Premier League following the latest series of matches on Sunday. Arnett clipped the “Stars of the East’ Harbour View 2-1 to move to 26 points, five clear of Portmore United.... Read More
- Zimbabwe officially declares Mugabe national holiday Zimbabwe has officially declared February 21 to be Robert Gabriel Mugabe National Youth Day, thereby making the former president's birthday a public holiday. New President Emmerson Mnangagwa is expected to form a cabinet this week. Mr Mugabe... Read More
- Unidentified woman found dead in St James Police in St James are now probing the murder of a Caucasian woman whose bloodied body was discovered with her throat slashed in bushes near to the Long Hill main road in St James on Saturday morning. The body is believed to be in its 20's, with... Read More
- Jamaica's Davina Bennett Is Second Runner Up To Miss Universe 2017 Miss Universe Jamaica Davina Bennett has been declared second runner up to the 2017 Miss Universe. Bennett, emerged from a field of 92 contestants from across the globe. Miss South Africa Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters was declared the winner and Miss... Read More
- Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year Prince Harry is to marry his American actress girlfriend Meghan Markle. The prince, fifth in line to the throne, will marry Ms Markle in spring 2018 and they will live at Nottingham Cottage in Kensington Palace, London. The couple, who have been... Read More
- Policeman in St. Ann reportedly kills himself A policeman reportedly killed himself at his home in Exchange, Ocho Rios on Sunday evening. Corporal Hewie Green was found dead minuites after 7pm with what appeared to be a single bullet wound. Neighbours reportedly heard a shot coming from the... Read More