Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Former Gleaner editor Phyllis Thomas shared that all her successes at the award-winning newspaper, where she spent 45 years in a variety of roles, must be credited to God.She was the toast of an afternoon where the company paid homage to 24 current...
Livern Barrett/Senior Gleaner WriterA new profit-sharing agreement signed between the Jamaican Government and the United States firm that holds a stake in Noranda Jamaica Bauxite Partners has been described by the parliamentary Opposition as a "bad...
Law-abiding Jamaicans have been left at the mercy of criminals because critical state resources are being diverted to support the government's two main anti-crime measures, the zones of special operations (ZOSO) and the State of Public Emergency,...
Minister Without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, Daryl Vaz, is rejecting the round of criticisms that came with Monday's announcement on the ban on single-use plastic and Styrofoam products.Chairman of the Wisynco...
Proving to Jamaicans that good things can come out of being incarcerated, 16 females from the Fort Augusta Women's Adult Correctional Facilities, now located on South Camp Road, St Andrew, excelled in the recent Caribbean Secondary Education...
- U.S issues warning The State Department in the U.S. have issued a worldwide travel alert to all its citizens due to the threat of Al Qaeda. The alert has been enforced from now until August 31 after intelligence suggested that al-Qaeda and other terrorist... Read More
- Patterson for court today Marvia Patterson the woman accused of severing the head of 4-year-old Natasha Brown in Duanvale, Trelanwy is slated to appear in court today. Natasha was last seen on her way to school on May 28 and her body was later found in a 25-feet deep pit.... Read More
- Unidentified man shot and killed An unidentified man was shot and killed by unknown assailants this morning in the vicinity of the Coronation Market in Downtown Kingston. A licensed firearm which the man had on his person was not removed by the unknown assailants. Police were... Read More
- Deadly holiday crash Police investigators in Trelawny are probing the circumstances that led to a major holiday traffic crash on the Braco Main Road in the parish late yesterday afternoon that left three people dead. The crash happened on the Braco Main Road around 5 p.... Read More
- 11-year-old shot dead An eleven year old girl was shot and killed and two women injured when gunmen invaded a community in West Kingston late Thursday. Tashanique James, 11, died after she was shot in the back of the head. According to police reports, shortly after 6:... Read More
- Snowden granted asylum in Russia United States fugitive Edward Snowden thanked Russia for granting him political asylum for a year after he left the transit zone of the airport today, his lawyer stated. The whereabouts of the National Security Agency leaker was not released and... Read More