Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Nearly $100 million in cash, including $68 million taken from two suspected South African 'money mules', was turned over to the Government's coffers in the first five months of the current fiscal year.During the same period, the Financial...
Morant Bay, St Thomas:1. Tiffany DeCambre, Airy Castle Primary2. Nyameke Bennett, Providence Preparatory3. Dessania Mathews, White Horses Primary4. Jaheim Simpson, Middleton Primary5. Shamoya Brown, Providence PreparatoryTop Boy: Nyameke Bennett,...
Concerns are being raised in the education sector about few or no alternatives to bulla cakes and other high-sugar products following their withdrawal from public schools.Education Minister Ruel Reid, while addressing the 54th Jamaica Teachers'...
There were tense moments for passengers of a Coaster bus along Industrial Terrace in Kingston yesterday, as members of the security forces operating under the state of public emergency discovered two gym bags, one knapsack and one 'scandal' bag full...
WESTERN BUREAU:Tears flowed at Herbert Morrison Technical High School in Montego Bay, St James yesterday as the school family - including the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), Past Students' Association (PSA) and friends of the school - came...
- Limacol Caribbean Premier League (ICPL) big bucks Nearly US$1 million in prizes will be up for grabs in the inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League (ICPL), organisers have announced. The array of prizes that the six franchise teams will be battling for over the next four weeks was unveiled as... Read More
- Poor turn out at Emancipation vigil Few people attended the Emancipation Vigil at the Port Antonio Square Wednesday night as messages were read and the traditional Abeng blown by Maroon Joel Bernard at midnight. The Abeng is an instrument originally used by the Maroons for... Read More
- Police seized ganja in Manchester Police seized approximately eighty pounds of ganja and a motor vehicle on the New Green main road in Mandeville Wednesday evening. Reports from the Area 3 Transnational Crime and Narcotics Division (TCND) are that about 9:35 pm a team of officers... Read More
- Castro says it was consensual Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro during his sentencing hearing today apologised for kidnapping and imprisoning three women in his home for ten years. "I'm not a monster, I am sick said Castro who stated that he is addicted to pornography. Castro who... Read More
- Court rules in favour of Rihanna The Barbados-born international pop star, Rihanna, Wednesday won a case against British fashion chain, Topshop, which had been using her image on a T-shirt without her approval. High Court Justice Colin Birss, who did not make an assessment of... Read More
- Bubka speak on doping International Olympic Committee (IOC) presidential candidate Sergey Bubka urged athletics authorities to clamp down on drug cheats and increase the length of their bans. Bubka was speaking yesterday in the wake of a recent wave of high-profile... Read More