Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Supreme Court has voided the election of Dean Jones, the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) councillor for the Yallahs Division of the St Thomas Municipal Corporation.
The Praedial Larceny Prevention Unit in the Agriculture Ministry is warning members of the public, especially residents of Clarendon, to be cautions when buying meat. The warning follows reports by the Four Paths Police that seven sheep were stolen...
Dr Peter Phillips, president of the People's National Party (PNP), has charged that the imposition of a second state of emergency since the start of the year is the Government's acknowledgement of its own policy failure in regards to combating crime...
Newly appointed Com-missioner of Police Major General Antony Anderson says that improving morale among members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) and the deepening of its investigative abilities, among other things, will be critical targets...
The Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) is heading back to the bargaining table in another attempt at shaking the piggy bank some more as they seek to get a better wage deal from the Government.This, after members of the General Council of its...
- Mugabe wins again Robert Mugabe's MDC party has claimed victory over the ZANU-PF party led by Morgan Tsvangiri in the general elections. There has so far been no confirmation of these claims made by an MDC party official who claimed that the ZANU-PF had retaken many... Read More
- Lady Saw returning to church Marion 'Lady Saw' Hall could easily have taken on the lead role in any of Tyler Perry's Madea-themed movies. Saw was one 'Angry Black Woman' as she appeared onstage at Reggae Sumfest 2013 Dancehall Night. Offstage, she was like a beaten woman ready... Read More
- Snowden leaves airport United States fugitive Edward Snowden has left the transit zone at Sheremetyevo Airport and entered Russian territory, his lawyer has confirmed. Snowden received the necessary papers to enter Russian territory, and this means the American can attend... Read More
- Detectives names person of interest Detectives from the St. Andrew South Division have listed a resident of Seaview Gardens as a person of interest. He is 31-year-old Rohan Deacon of Lot 620 Parrot Pathway, Phase One. Mr. Deacon is being asked to report to the Hunts Bay Police or the... Read More
- Usain Bolt now an app Usain Bolt the fastest man on the planet can now be found on the popular in-app game Temple Run 2. The Jamaican's character is available for download at a price of US$0.99 for only a limited time. Bolt who dons the yellow and green Jamaican uniform... Read More
- Bill for Ganja in Uruguay A bill to legalise Ganja has been passed by lawmakers in the House of Representatives in Uruguay. If approved by the Senate, Uruguay will become the first country in the world to legalise the growth, the distribution and sale of Ganja. Under the... Read More