Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Earthquake Unit at the University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona, has confirmed that a magnitude 3.2 earthquake rocked the eastern section of Jamaica yesterday afternoon.The epicentre was recorded near Blue Mountain Peak.Persons, mainly in the...
The Trinidad and Tobago military has been mobilised to carry out relief efforts in the twin-island republic following heavy flooding that has been blamed on three days of heavy rainfall.Speaking to The Gleaner yesterday, Trinidadian journalist...
Residents of Cassia Park in St Andrew are concerned that local private-sector leaders seem more interested in lining their pockets than the overall improvement of Jamaica.The residents used the latest Gleaner On The Corner with the Economic...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has trumpeted that developers are buying into the vision of the Government and have moved to capitalise on infrastructural works now under way to modernise the city of Kingston.He said that requests are coming in for...
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Audley Shaw has expressed optimism about Jamaica's earning potential from ganja in light of Canada's legalisation of cannabis for recreational use."The signal to us is that we can't continue...
- Firearms seized in Kingston Three firearms were seized by the Police during an operation on Lincoln Avenue in Kingston 13, yesterday afternoon. Reports from the Organized Crime Investigation Division (OCID) are that about 4:58 p.m., a team of officers was on an operation when... Read More
- Mugabe wins again Robert Mugabe's MDC party has claimed victory over the ZANU-PF party led by Morgan Tsvangiri in the general elections. There has so far been no confirmation of these claims made by an MDC party official who claimed that the ZANU-PF had retaken many... Read More
- Lady Saw returning to church Marion 'Lady Saw' Hall could easily have taken on the lead role in any of Tyler Perry's Madea-themed movies. Saw was one 'Angry Black Woman' as she appeared onstage at Reggae Sumfest 2013 Dancehall Night. Offstage, she was like a beaten woman ready... Read More
- Snowden leaves airport United States fugitive Edward Snowden has left the transit zone at Sheremetyevo Airport and entered Russian territory, his lawyer has confirmed. Snowden received the necessary papers to enter Russian territory, and this means the American can attend... Read More
- Detectives names person of interest Detectives from the St. Andrew South Division have listed a resident of Seaview Gardens as a person of interest. He is 31-year-old Rohan Deacon of Lot 620 Parrot Pathway, Phase One. Mr. Deacon is being asked to report to the Hunts Bay Police or the... Read More
- Usain Bolt now an app Usain Bolt the fastest man on the planet can now be found on the popular in-app game Temple Run 2. The Jamaican's character is available for download at a price of US$0.99 for only a limited time. Bolt who dons the yellow and green Jamaican uniform... Read More