Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
There are two working bathrooms at the Rocky Point Fishing Village in Clarendon, but at the moment, the doors are closed because persons refuse to pay the $50 charged to use them.Instead, many persons have opted to make the beach their bathroom."A...
Bishop Dr Wellesley Blair, former board chairman of the Universal Service Fund (USF), has declined to comment on an employment contract he allegedly signed unlawfully that resulted in the termination of former USF CEO Dr Hugh Cross."Anybody [who]...
The integrity of the phone video, text messages, and voice notes used to convict dancehall artiste Vybz Kartel of murder remain intact and was properly left to jurors to consider, a prosecutor has argued.Further, prosecutors yesterday asked the...
A market study conducted by Dr Joy Moncrieffe of the Institute for Applied Social Research has confirmed the view held by many that employers are not keen on employing persons with disabilities (PWDs).The 2016 study said that while there were some...
Minister of Science and Technology Dr Andrew Wheatley has committed to providing $US40,000 (J$5.2m) to the Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) to be used to procure tablets for educators.Speaking at the science, technology, engineering and...
- Firearms seized in Kingston Three firearms were seized by the Police during an operation on Lincoln Avenue in Kingston 13, yesterday afternoon. Reports from the Organized Crime Investigation Division (OCID) are that about 4:58 p.m., a team of officers was on an operation when... Read More
- Mugabe wins again Robert Mugabe's MDC party has claimed victory over the ZANU-PF party led by Morgan Tsvangiri in the general elections. There has so far been no confirmation of these claims made by an MDC party official who claimed that the ZANU-PF had retaken many... Read More
- Lady Saw returning to church Marion 'Lady Saw' Hall could easily have taken on the lead role in any of Tyler Perry's Madea-themed movies. Saw was one 'Angry Black Woman' as she appeared onstage at Reggae Sumfest 2013 Dancehall Night. Offstage, she was like a beaten woman ready... Read More
- Snowden leaves airport United States fugitive Edward Snowden has left the transit zone at Sheremetyevo Airport and entered Russian territory, his lawyer has confirmed. Snowden received the necessary papers to enter Russian territory, and this means the American can attend... Read More
- Detectives names person of interest Detectives from the St. Andrew South Division have listed a resident of Seaview Gardens as a person of interest. He is 31-year-old Rohan Deacon of Lot 620 Parrot Pathway, Phase One. Mr. Deacon is being asked to report to the Hunts Bay Police or the... Read More
- Usain Bolt now an app Usain Bolt the fastest man on the planet can now be found on the popular in-app game Temple Run 2. The Jamaican's character is available for download at a price of US$0.99 for only a limited time. Bolt who dons the yellow and green Jamaican uniform... Read More