Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Girls sitting in the laps of boys while riding public transport to and from school is not a new phenomenon, but Glen Bromfield, chief executive officer of the Medallion Hall Hotel, who is also a transport operator, has expressed concern that a stop...
"I've known only suffering these past few years, and I didn't call it down on myself. I was only doing my job." This is the plight of Lydia James*, a nurse and mother of five who has been living with HIV since September 2007 when she was stuck in...
The National Water Commission (NWC) is looking to pull in a further $34 billion in revenue annually by hiking the rates it charges its customers.The NWC has applied to the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR) for a 23 per cent average increase in...
Jamaican authorities are cracking down on the practice of one parent abducting a child and moving away with him or her as an act of spite against the other parent.Problems and solutions surrounding the matter have been items of discussion since...
The six-year-old architecture firm Atelier Vidal is no stranger to success, having copped the 2014 Governor General Award for Resort Design. However, while drafting what may become Jamaica's next Parliament building is no picnic, coming out on top...
- Russell pleased at Sumfest RUSSELL praised most of the top acts on the July 21-27 show for quality performances, pointing out that the arrest of three persons for smoking on Dancehall Night was "one little damper on the spirits". He added: "It kinda killed the vibe a little."... Read More
- News in Kingston An unidentified man was shot and killed during a police operation along Spanish Town Road, Kingston this morning. The police have not released details on the incident. Investigations are continuing. In the meantime, the Police seized several rounds... Read More
- Gyptian to release: Stock and Pile Reggae artiste Gyptian is about to release the track Stock and Pile, which arguably is one of his better offerings since his 2010 smash hit Hold Yuh. Stock and Pile is due for release digitally on August 13. It was produced by New York based... Read More
- Zimbabweans joined long lines to cast their vote Zimbabweans joined long lines to cast their vote in an election being described as the biggest threat to 33-year power grip on the African nation. Robert Mugabe goes up against his longtime rival Morgan Tsvangirai after both joined in a coalition... Read More
- Autopsy report: stab wounds found on body An autopsy done on a body which was found in the Plantation Heights area in St. Andrew on Monday had several stab wounds to the chest. This revealed by Superintendent of Police Delroy Hewitt, News media reported. The police strongly believe that the... Read More
- Reggae artiste Jesse Royal is testing the waters REGGAE artiste Jesse Royal is testing the waters with his recently released sophomore mixtape In Comes the Small Axe.The 11-track tape was released on May 4. The various production houses featured on the track include Overstanding, XTM Nation and... Read More