Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
For some time now, the husband of 34-year-old attorney-at-law, Nordraka Williams-Burnett was battling mental health issues. But at least one neighbour, only knew him a decent Christian man. The husband is now in police custody.
WESTERN BUREAU:Montego Bay Mayor Homer Davis has expressed dismay and disappointment at the parliamentary Opposition's vote against the continuation of the state of public emergency (SOE) in St James."My position is ... that the people are in shock...
At least 22 companies have been sued by the Jamaica Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers (JACAP) since the start of the year for copyright infringement, and after securing a recent win in its legal battle against Mars Cable Vision...
A parliamentary committee has recommended that it should be a criminal offence for individuals to "knowingly" infect a partner with a sexually transmitted infection (STI).Further, the panel has suggested that the offence of stalking be added to the...
Included in the four senators who were appointed yesterday by the governor general in Canada was Jamaica-born Dr Rosemary Moodie.Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who made the announcement, said that he has full confidence in the senators' abilities to...
- Russell pleased at Sumfest RUSSELL praised most of the top acts on the July 21-27 show for quality performances, pointing out that the arrest of three persons for smoking on Dancehall Night was "one little damper on the spirits". He added: "It kinda killed the vibe a little."... Read More
- News in Kingston An unidentified man was shot and killed during a police operation along Spanish Town Road, Kingston this morning. The police have not released details on the incident. Investigations are continuing. In the meantime, the Police seized several rounds... Read More
- Gyptian to release: Stock and Pile Reggae artiste Gyptian is about to release the track Stock and Pile, which arguably is one of his better offerings since his 2010 smash hit Hold Yuh. Stock and Pile is due for release digitally on August 13. It was produced by New York based... Read More
- Zimbabweans joined long lines to cast their vote Zimbabweans joined long lines to cast their vote in an election being described as the biggest threat to 33-year power grip on the African nation. Robert Mugabe goes up against his longtime rival Morgan Tsvangirai after both joined in a coalition... Read More
- Autopsy report: stab wounds found on body An autopsy done on a body which was found in the Plantation Heights area in St. Andrew on Monday had several stab wounds to the chest. This revealed by Superintendent of Police Delroy Hewitt, News media reported. The police strongly believe that the... Read More
- Reggae artiste Jesse Royal is testing the waters REGGAE artiste Jesse Royal is testing the waters with his recently released sophomore mixtape In Comes the Small Axe.The 11-track tape was released on May 4. The various production houses featured on the track include Overstanding, XTM Nation and... Read More