Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A split in the deadly Clansman gang has been playing out violently across sections of the St Catherine North Police Division and is believed to be the main driver behind a 60 per cent increase in murders in the area since the start of this year.With...
Three wanted persons were among a group of more than 60 men picked up by the police in St Catherine yesterday, following Prime Minister Andrew Holness' declaration of a state of public emergency in the St Catherine North Police Division.The state of...
The agitated Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) will today decide whether to accept the latest wage offer from the Government, even as there is a rush to pay back millions in retroactive sums which, according to the Government, cannot be delayed...
New police commissioner could look to the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) to bolster his management team as he takes office.There is growing speculation that former head of the JDF, Major General Antony Anderson, will look to his former colleagues for...
Operating hours for businesses and other establishments in sections of the St Catherine North Police Division, where a state of public emergency was declared yesterday, have been adjustedin keeping with stipulations under the enhanced security...
- Heatwave kills 10 in China A heatwave gripping parts of Shanghai, China has killed ten persons as the city experiences its hottest July in 140 years. Chinese officials have issued an emergency level two heat alert in nine provinces due to record highs in temperatures.... Read More
- Man kills cousin The police in Westmoreland has charged Delroy Whyte with the murder of his 41-year-old cousin Richard Ferguson in a section of Westmoreland on Monday. Both men along with neighbours were cooking and partying on Monday at premises where they live,... Read More
- Body found in Sterling Castle A man was found dead at a property in Sterling Castle St Andrew this morning. He has been identified as Carlton Bryan. Police reported that at about 7:00am the body of the man was discovered with the hands and feet bound and a cloth placed over its... Read More
- 5 pm deadline for Moscow The deadline for teams participating in the 14th IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia, to be submitted to the IAAF is 5:00 pm Jamaican time today. And for Jamaica very few, if any, surprises are expected. Double sprint world record-holder... Read More
- CISOCA seeks Tanicka Brown The Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) – St Catherine South Division, is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a witness in a case that is now before the Spanish Town Resident Magistrate’s Court. She is... Read More
- Alia at it again Jamaican swimmer Alia Atkinson has advanced to the semi-finals of the 100 metre breaststroke at the World Championship in Barcelona, Spain. She finished third in her heat early Monday morning, clocking 1.07 seconds to progress 10th fastest overall... Read More