Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
"This is a glorious day. Words cannot truly describe this historic achievement by this group of young ladies, who through sheer grit and determination in a game in which both teams went all out for victory, came out victorious. Dallas, USA, may be...
“It is an unbelievable feeling; it is a feeling of accomplishment.” Those words by assistant coach Andrew Price perfectly sums up the almost super human effort that led to Jamaica’s historic qualification to next year’s FIFA...
PICK YOUR PARLIAMENTOver the next few days, The Gleaner will be publishing features on the five designers shortlisted for the new Parliament building to be constructed at National Heroes Park in Kingston. During the period, readers are invited to...
Following yesterday's revelation that the prosecution's final two witnesses are not available this week, the trial for murder-accused police Constable Collis 'Chucky' Brown has been adjourned until Monday.Brown is being tried for the January 10,...
When a heavily hued Jamaican woman with 'Chiney bump' (hair twisted and rolled into knots) was featured as a television presenter, there was collective shock and surprise, but there was also celebration for the promotion of women who looked like the...
- Women’s league continues Defending champions Barbican will play away to St Thomas Strikers at Lyssons Pavillion when the Sherwin Williams Women’s Football League resumes today with third round action. The match is one of two Zone ‘A’ clashes on the day. In the other Zone ‘A... Read More
- Heatwave kills 10 in China A heatwave gripping parts of Shanghai, China has killed ten persons as the city experiences its hottest July in 140 years. Chinese officials have issued an emergency level two heat alert in nine provinces due to record highs in temperatures.... Read More
- Man kills cousin The police in Westmoreland has charged Delroy Whyte with the murder of his 41-year-old cousin Richard Ferguson in a section of Westmoreland on Monday. Both men along with neighbours were cooking and partying on Monday at premises where they live,... Read More
- Body found in Sterling Castle A man was found dead at a property in Sterling Castle St Andrew this morning. He has been identified as Carlton Bryan. Police reported that at about 7:00am the body of the man was discovered with the hands and feet bound and a cloth placed over its... Read More
- 5 pm deadline for Moscow The deadline for teams participating in the 14th IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia, to be submitted to the IAAF is 5:00 pm Jamaican time today. And for Jamaica very few, if any, surprises are expected. Double sprint world record-holder... Read More
- CISOCA seeks Tanicka Brown The Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) – St Catherine South Division, is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a witness in a case that is now before the Spanish Town Resident Magistrate’s Court. She is... Read More