Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Lisa Bailey, vice-principal of the Mountain View Primary School, has hailed the recently launched School Garden Project as an important life lesson in self-sustainability and community development. Yesterday, FLOW Foundation launched the initiative...
Faced with a social media backlash, Canadian Legislative Assembly member Elizabeth Smith-McCrossin, has backtracked on claims that Jamaicans are lazy and underproductive because of their excessive use of ganja.Smith-McCrossin, a member of the Legislative Assembly...
Faced with a social media backlash, Canadian Parliamentarian Elizabeth Smith-McCrossin, has backtrack claims that Jamaicans are lazy and underproductive because of their excessive use of ganja.Smith-McCrossin, a member of the Legislative Assembly...
The Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) is currently running advertisements in the media, appealing to lay preachers who attempt to win souls on the state-run buses to discontinue the practice.JUTC's Communications Manager Cecil Thoms told The...
- Women’s league continues Defending champions Barbican will play away to St Thomas Strikers at Lyssons Pavillion when the Sherwin Williams Women’s Football League resumes today with third round action. The match is one of two Zone ‘A’ clashes on the day. In the other Zone ‘A... Read More
- Heatwave kills 10 in China A heatwave gripping parts of Shanghai, China has killed ten persons as the city experiences its hottest July in 140 years. Chinese officials have issued an emergency level two heat alert in nine provinces due to record highs in temperatures.... Read More
- Man kills cousin The police in Westmoreland has charged Delroy Whyte with the murder of his 41-year-old cousin Richard Ferguson in a section of Westmoreland on Monday. Both men along with neighbours were cooking and partying on Monday at premises where they live,... Read More
- Body found in Sterling Castle A man was found dead at a property in Sterling Castle St Andrew this morning. He has been identified as Carlton Bryan. Police reported that at about 7:00am the body of the man was discovered with the hands and feet bound and a cloth placed over its... Read More
- 5 pm deadline for Moscow The deadline for teams participating in the 14th IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia, to be submitted to the IAAF is 5:00 pm Jamaican time today. And for Jamaica very few, if any, surprises are expected. Double sprint world record-holder... Read More
- CISOCA seeks Tanicka Brown The Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) – St Catherine South Division, is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a witness in a case that is now before the Spanish Town Resident Magistrate’s Court. She is... Read More