Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Supreme Court has voided the election of Dean Jones, the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) councillor for the Yallahs Division of the St Thomas Municipal Corporation.
The Praedial Larceny Prevention Unit in the Agriculture Ministry is warning members of the public, especially residents of Clarendon, to be cautions when buying meat. The warning follows reports by the Four Paths Police that seven sheep were stolen...
Dr Peter Phillips, president of the People's National Party (PNP), has charged that the imposition of a second state of emergency since the start of the year is the Government's acknowledgement of its own policy failure in regards to combating crime...
Newly appointed Com-missioner of Police Major General Antony Anderson says that improving morale among members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) and the deepening of its investigative abilities, among other things, will be critical targets...
The Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) is heading back to the bargaining table in another attempt at shaking the piggy bank some more as they seek to get a better wage deal from the Government.This, after members of the General Council of its...
- Warren Wier makes it happen in London Warren Weir continued his good form for the season by claiming victory in the men's 200m race at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games in London, England today. Weir won in a time of 19.89s while his Jamaican compatriot Jason Young was second in 19.99s... Read More
- Sydney Barlett speaks on 2013 celebrations Permanent Secretary in the Youth and Culture Ministry Sydney Barlett says the government’s allocation of $100 million on 2013 Emancipation and Independence celebrations is to stimulate revenues for businesses across Jamaica. Bartlett in a press... Read More
- Ananda Alert for Brandon Daley An Ananda Alert has been activated for 17-year-old Brandon Daley, of Dry River district, St Elizabeth, who has been missing since July 22. Brandon is of dark complexion, slim build and is about five-feet-four-inches tall.The Maggotty police reported... Read More
- JFJ speaks out Local human rights group the Jamaicans for Justice says the mob killing of 17-year-old Dwayne Jones in St. James on July 22 is yet another ‘horrifying’ example of the levels of violence citizens are prepared to tolerate in Jamaica. On July 22, Jones... Read More
- JPS issues warning A warning has been issued for members of the public to be on the lookout for persons who have been stealing street lights. The problem is said to be escalating. According to Keith Garvey, Jamaica Public Service Company’s (JPS) Region South director... Read More
- Jamaica for third round Jamaica are now preparing for a third round clash with the Leeward Islands after ticking off their first victory in the Regional Under-19 Cricket Tournament in St Kitts yesterday. Jamaica, after battling to a draw in their opening game, secured a... Read More