- Future monarch photographed A beaming Prince William and his wife, Kate, have shown their newborn baby boy to the world. Kate carried the future monarch outside St Mary's Hospital in central London Tuesday so he could be photographed by the waiting press. The photos... Read More
- Pauwell to turn on the lights Minister of Science, Technology, Energy and Mining Phillip Paulwell will on Wednesday, July 24 at 6:30pm switch on lights in the communities of Goshen and Well’s Bottom Road, St Elizabeth, that have been electrified under the Rural Electrification... Read More
- landing gear cancels flight in NY Close to 120 flights at LaGuardia airport in New York, USA have been cancelled following a rough landing by a Southwest Airlines flight yesterday. Runways have been opened however passengers have been warned to expect delays following a landing gear... Read More
- Curfew imposed on the McGregor Gully A curfew has been imposed on the McGregor Gully community of the Kingston Eastern Division commenced at 6:00 pm Monday, the police have reported. The curfew will continue until Thursday. The boundaries of the curfew are north along Robert Avenue... Read More
- JATOO flat tax issues The Jamaica Association of Hackney and Contract Carriages, has taken issue with an attempt by another taxi association, to have the recently announced flat tax for transport operators delayed. The Jamaica Association of Transport Owners and... Read More
- 17 year old cross-dresser chopped and stabbed to death A 17-year-old Cross-Dresser was chopped and stabbed to death at a River party in Irwin, St.James this morning. The teen whose identity was not released was dancing with a male when a woman at the party recognised him and told persons at the party... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
WESTERN BUREAU:Despite having to put some ofits own programmes on hold,the Montego Bay-based West Jamaica Conference (WJC) of Seventh-day Adventists will continue to house several dislocated departments from the Cornwall Regional Hospital (CRH)...
Drink products bearing the label Portland Best have been found to contain an unusually high amount of bacteria that could be harmful to humans if consumed. As such, the Portland Health Department has ordered the closure of the bottling facility,...
The "ridiculous" disparity in the sentence handed down by two High Court judges to four men who were held in Portland nearly five years ago with an arsenal of 18 illegal guns and a "bucketload" of ammunition has triggered demands for an explanation...
"Come here, mi baby!"That was how 44-year-old Doreen Dyer greeted her teenage daughter when she arrived at the Morant Bay Parish Court in St Thomas yesterday for a hearing after being charged with cruelty to child last year.Dyer caught the attention...
Political Ombudsman Donna Parchment Brown said that the time has come for the Political Code of Conduct, endorsed by the People's National Party and the Jamaica Labour Party, to be given teeth through effective legislation."It is time for us to say...