Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Former Gleaner editor Phyllis Thomas shared that all her successes at the award-winning newspaper, where she spent 45 years in a variety of roles, must be credited to God.She was the toast of an afternoon where the company paid homage to 24 current...
Livern Barrett/Senior Gleaner WriterA new profit-sharing agreement signed between the Jamaican Government and the United States firm that holds a stake in Noranda Jamaica Bauxite Partners has been described by the parliamentary Opposition as a "bad...
Law-abiding Jamaicans have been left at the mercy of criminals because critical state resources are being diverted to support the government's two main anti-crime measures, the zones of special operations (ZOSO) and the State of Public Emergency,...
Minister Without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, Daryl Vaz, is rejecting the round of criticisms that came with Monday's announcement on the ban on single-use plastic and Styrofoam products.Chairman of the Wisynco...
Proving to Jamaicans that good things can come out of being incarcerated, 16 females from the Fort Augusta Women's Adult Correctional Facilities, now located on South Camp Road, St Andrew, excelled in the recent Caribbean Secondary Education...
- UDC treats children Approximately 400 children from various childcare and protective institutions in the Corporate Area were treated to a fun-filled day on July 25, 2013, by the UDC which continues to celebrate its 45th anniversary. The 33rd Annual Hellshire Summer Fun... Read More
- Warren Wier makes it happen in London Warren Weir continued his good form for the season by claiming victory in the men's 200m race at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games in London, England today. Weir won in a time of 19.89s while his Jamaican compatriot Jason Young was second in 19.99s... Read More
- Sydney Barlett speaks on 2013 celebrations Permanent Secretary in the Youth and Culture Ministry Sydney Barlett says the government’s allocation of $100 million on 2013 Emancipation and Independence celebrations is to stimulate revenues for businesses across Jamaica. Bartlett in a press... Read More
- Ananda Alert for Brandon Daley An Ananda Alert has been activated for 17-year-old Brandon Daley, of Dry River district, St Elizabeth, who has been missing since July 22. Brandon is of dark complexion, slim build and is about five-feet-four-inches tall.The Maggotty police reported... Read More
- JFJ speaks out Local human rights group the Jamaicans for Justice says the mob killing of 17-year-old Dwayne Jones in St. James on July 22 is yet another ‘horrifying’ example of the levels of violence citizens are prepared to tolerate in Jamaica. On July 22, Jones... Read More
- JPS issues warning A warning has been issued for members of the public to be on the lookout for persons who have been stealing street lights. The problem is said to be escalating. According to Keith Garvey, Jamaica Public Service Company’s (JPS) Region South director... Read More