Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Public school teachers have again voted to reject the Government's wage offer. The latest offer was made to the teachers on Friday and presented to members of the General Council of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association (JTA) at a special...
The security forces are appealing to relatives of individuals detained in the State of Public Emergency in St Catherine North to cooperate with them as they seek to speedily process detainees. According to the police, people who have...
Former army chief Major General Antony Anderson was this morning sworn in as the 30th Commissioner of Police. He succeeds George Quallo who retired earlier this year. Anderson was sworn by Bishop Dr Gary Welsh, Justice of the Peace and...
A split in the deadly Clansman gang has been playing out violently across sections of the St Catherine North Police Division and is believed to be the main driver behind a 60 per cent increase in murders in the area since the start of this year.With...
Three wanted persons were among a group of more than 60 men picked up by the police in St Catherine yesterday, following Prime Minister Andrew Holness' declaration of a state of public emergency in the St Catherine North Police Division.The state of...
- Snowden in limbo United States Attorney General Eric Holder told the Russian government that they will not be seeking the death penalty for NSA leaker Edward Snowden, if he is handed over to them. The Attorney General in a letter dated July 23 says the criminal... Read More
- All is well say Phillips All is in place for Jamaica to undergo its first performance assessment by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) with a date now set for a team from the Washington-based organization to arrive in the island. Dr. Peter Phillips, Minister of Finance,... Read More
- St. James man freed Thirty six-year-old Marlon Gravesandy of Pitfour, St James, has been freed by the St James Circuit Court of carnal abuse. Gravesandy was also freed of two counts of indecent assault on a young boy. It was alleged that Gravesandy committed the... Read More
- Ariel Castro accepts plea Ariel Castro who faced 977 charges after holding three women captive in his home for over a decade has accepted a plea deal. This was revealed by a Judge in the Ohio kidnapping case where Castro will not face trial. Castro will be sentenced to life... Read More
- Selena Gomez goes Buju AMERICAN pop sensation Selena Gomez has sampled Buju Banton's 1995 hit song Champion for her latest single, Like a Champion.The song is from Gomez' new album Stars Dance which was released this month. Selena Gomez uses Buju Banton’s original lines... Read More
- Train crash driver slated to appear in court today 52-year –old Francisco Jose Garzon de Amo the driver of a train which derailed in Santiago de Compostela is slated to appear before a court today after 80 persons were killed. Spanish media reported that the train driver stated “I’ve messed it up, I... Read More