- Justice Bryan Skyes postpones ruling High Court Judge Justice Brian Sykes has postponed his ruling regarding whether he will allow statements from witnesses who can't be located to be admitted into evidence in the Vybz Kartel murder trial. Justice Sykes said on Tuesday morning that... Read More
- Miss Jamaica 2013 contestant accepts apology The Miss Jamaica World 2013 contestant who was the subject of an unfavourable Twitter post by Member of Parliament for North West St Ann, Dr Dayton Campbell, says she holds no grudge against the politician. Jenaae Jackson, who received the Best... Read More
- Jamaicans and Costa Ricans remanded Three Jamaicans identified as 33-year-old Romania Roy o/c 'Rambo', 29-year-old Fitzroy McLeod and 27-year-old Aaron Dixon along with three Costa Ricans identified as 48-year-old boat captain Harris Campbell-Walton, 47-year-old Lenard Dean-Berry and... Read More
- Thieves steal from the deaf THE police yesterday appealed to thieves who broke into the offices of the Jamaica Association for the Deaf on Marescaux Road, Kingston 5, on the weekend to return the stolen items. According to the police, the robbers took several items, including... Read More
- NWU cannot guarantee normality at sugar company Two more trade unions have served notice that normality cannot be guaranteed at three of Jamaica's main sugar factories as a dispute develops over the decision to send scores of security personnel on leave. A meeting on Tuesday with officials of... Read More
- Lasco top cop granted bail The reigning LASCO top cop Sergeant Oneil Patterson has been granted $300,000 bail in relation to the rape charge against him. Bail was offered in the Home Circuit Court yesterday. Patterson was previously on bail but was remanded after the... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
WESTERN BUREAU:Despite having to put some ofits own programmes on hold,the Montego Bay-based West Jamaica Conference (WJC) of Seventh-day Adventists will continue to house several dislocated departments from the Cornwall Regional Hospital (CRH)...
Drink products bearing the label Portland Best have been found to contain an unusually high amount of bacteria that could be harmful to humans if consumed. As such, the Portland Health Department has ordered the closure of the bottling facility,...
The "ridiculous" disparity in the sentence handed down by two High Court judges to four men who were held in Portland nearly five years ago with an arsenal of 18 illegal guns and a "bucketload" of ammunition has triggered demands for an explanation...
"Come here, mi baby!"That was how 44-year-old Doreen Dyer greeted her teenage daughter when she arrived at the Morant Bay Parish Court in St Thomas yesterday for a hearing after being charged with cruelty to child last year.Dyer caught the attention...
Political Ombudsman Donna Parchment Brown said that the time has come for the Political Code of Conduct, endorsed by the People's National Party and the Jamaica Labour Party, to be given teeth through effective legislation."It is time for us to say...