Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A mouth-watering rematch between Germany and Brazil could be on the cards at the finals of the 2018 FIFA World Cup much earlier than any football fan could have anticipated.The two, who played out a 7-1 German win at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, could...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has reportedly told his Cabinet colleagues that he is prepared to take tough actions to sort out the issues at Petrojam as the controversy swirling around the oil refinery could damage its market value and scupper its...
Jamaican women have become far more empowered and independent in recent years, but a new survey has shown that almost eight of every 10 of them still believe it is natural for a man to be the head of the household, and a woman's main role is to take...
Most men with a low sperm count in Jamaica are denied the opportunity of fathering a child. But with the introduction of sperm retrieval surgery in the island, scores of men are being given an opportunity to achieve their desire of fathering...
Jamaica's successful and internationally acclaimed vaccination programme is under threat as more parents join the anti-vaccination movement which is sweeping the United States and sections of Europe.According to vice-president of the Paediatric...
- Jamaica for third round Jamaica are now preparing for a third round clash with the Leeward Islands after ticking off their first victory in the Regional Under-19 Cricket Tournament in St Kitts yesterday. Jamaica, after battling to a draw in their opening game, secured a... Read More
- Snowden in limbo United States Attorney General Eric Holder told the Russian government that they will not be seeking the death penalty for NSA leaker Edward Snowden, if he is handed over to them. The Attorney General in a letter dated July 23 says the criminal... Read More
- All is well say Phillips All is in place for Jamaica to undergo its first performance assessment by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) with a date now set for a team from the Washington-based organization to arrive in the island. Dr. Peter Phillips, Minister of Finance,... Read More
- St. James man freed Thirty six-year-old Marlon Gravesandy of Pitfour, St James, has been freed by the St James Circuit Court of carnal abuse. Gravesandy was also freed of two counts of indecent assault on a young boy. It was alleged that Gravesandy committed the... Read More
- Ariel Castro accepts plea Ariel Castro who faced 977 charges after holding three women captive in his home for over a decade has accepted a plea deal. This was revealed by a Judge in the Ohio kidnapping case where Castro will not face trial. Castro will be sentenced to life... Read More
- Selena Gomez goes Buju AMERICAN pop sensation Selena Gomez has sampled Buju Banton's 1995 hit song Champion for her latest single, Like a Champion.The song is from Gomez' new album Stars Dance which was released this month. Selena Gomez uses Buju Banton’s original lines... Read More