Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Former Gleaner editor Phyllis Thomas shared that all her successes at the award-winning newspaper, where she spent 45 years in a variety of roles, must be credited to God.She was the toast of an afternoon where the company paid homage to 24 current...
Livern Barrett/Senior Gleaner WriterA new profit-sharing agreement signed between the Jamaican Government and the United States firm that holds a stake in Noranda Jamaica Bauxite Partners has been described by the parliamentary Opposition as a "bad...
Law-abiding Jamaicans have been left at the mercy of criminals because critical state resources are being diverted to support the government's two main anti-crime measures, the zones of special operations (ZOSO) and the State of Public Emergency,...
Minister Without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, Daryl Vaz, is rejecting the round of criticisms that came with Monday's announcement on the ban on single-use plastic and Styrofoam products.Chairman of the Wisynco...
Proving to Jamaicans that good things can come out of being incarcerated, 16 females from the Fort Augusta Women's Adult Correctional Facilities, now located on South Camp Road, St Andrew, excelled in the recent Caribbean Secondary Education...
- Jamaica for third round Jamaica are now preparing for a third round clash with the Leeward Islands after ticking off their first victory in the Regional Under-19 Cricket Tournament in St Kitts yesterday. Jamaica, after battling to a draw in their opening game, secured a... Read More
- Snowden in limbo United States Attorney General Eric Holder told the Russian government that they will not be seeking the death penalty for NSA leaker Edward Snowden, if he is handed over to them. The Attorney General in a letter dated July 23 says the criminal... Read More
- All is well say Phillips All is in place for Jamaica to undergo its first performance assessment by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) with a date now set for a team from the Washington-based organization to arrive in the island. Dr. Peter Phillips, Minister of Finance,... Read More
- St. James man freed Thirty six-year-old Marlon Gravesandy of Pitfour, St James, has been freed by the St James Circuit Court of carnal abuse. Gravesandy was also freed of two counts of indecent assault on a young boy. It was alleged that Gravesandy committed the... Read More
- Ariel Castro accepts plea Ariel Castro who faced 977 charges after holding three women captive in his home for over a decade has accepted a plea deal. This was revealed by a Judge in the Ohio kidnapping case where Castro will not face trial. Castro will be sentenced to life... Read More
- Selena Gomez goes Buju AMERICAN pop sensation Selena Gomez has sampled Buju Banton's 1995 hit song Champion for her latest single, Like a Champion.The song is from Gomez' new album Stars Dance which was released this month. Selena Gomez uses Buju Banton’s original lines... Read More