Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Minister Audley Shaw has announced plans to establish a micro stock exchange, to complement the junior stock exchange. Shaw says the micro stock exchange will target micro and medium enterprises...
Industry and Commerce Minister Audley Shaw has disclosed that the Government is now in the process of engaging technical consultants to assess the feasibility of utilising unclaimed funds held by financial institutions as a financing option for the...
The Supreme Court has ordered the reinstatement of a career public servant who was "retired" as head of the state-run Court Management Services (CMS) by Governor General Sir Patrick Allen after she was given permission to pursue further studies.The...
It is likely that charges could be laid against a disgruntled licensed firearm holder who brandished his gun inside the National Commercial Bank (NCB) in Half-Way Tree yesterday, allegedly pointing it at security personnel.According to Dahlia...
It is Kelly Magnus' dream to build a culture of reading in the six inner-city communities in which the Fight for Peace Foundation operates. Now, with the receipt of a grant from the American Friends of Jamaica (AFJ), she expects that her dream will...
- Train crash driver slated to appear in court today 52-year –old Francisco Jose Garzon de Amo the driver of a train which derailed in Santiago de Compostela is slated to appear before a court today after 80 persons were killed. Spanish media reported that the train driver stated “I’ve messed it up, I... Read More
- Disgruntled security guards vow to continue protest Disgruntled security guards who were employed to the Pan Caribbean Sugar Company have vowed to continue their protest action until they are reinstated. The workers were sent home on discretionary leave on Sunday by the company. However, the security... Read More
- Roger to intervene The Minister of Agriculture has intervened in a dispute involving farmers from the Plantain Garden River Agro Park in the eastern parish of St Thomas, the Fred Jones Estate and the Sugar Transformation Unit, (STU). On Wednesday, Roger Clarke,... Read More
- Lady Saw warms behind the screens Patrons at Tuesday's Behind the Screens live series witnessed a performance that will stay in their minds for some time. Dancehall diva Lady Saw was guest performer at Usain Bolt's Tracks and Records Lounge. She delivered a typically raunchy and... Read More
- 13 yr old LaTonya Williams missing Thirteen-year-old LaTonya Williams of Savoy Crescent, Manchester has been missing from home since July 23. She is of dark complexion, slim build and about five-feet-one-inch tall. Information received is that LaTonya left home about 7:30 pm for an... Read More
- Teenager remains in stable condition The teenager who was shot and injured on the compound of Cornwall College in Montego Bay, St. James, remains in stable condition in hospital. A source at the school confirmed that he was shot in both hands and feet. The shooting took place about 12... Read More