Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Four persons are now dead and another four, up to yesterday afternoon, remained in hospital following their involvements in two separate road accidents along sections of the Holland Bamboo main road in St Elizabeth, on Friday night into Saturday morning
United States (US) presidential hopeful Kamala Harris is facing scathing criticisms from her father for attributing her support for the legalisation of marijuana to her Jamaican heritage.
Despite denials from Petrojam that its supplies are compromised, a source who has intimate knowledge of operational deficiencies at Jamaica’s sole oil refinery has explained the source of the smelly gas, and is warning that it undermines...
Despite denials from Petrojam that its supplies are compromised, a source who has intimate knowledge of operational deficiencies at Jamaica’s sole oil refinery has explained the source of the smelly gas, and is warning that it undermines vehicle perform
For 27 year old Sanshegay Peart, giving up is not an option. With sheer perseverance and violent optimism, she is determined to live a normal life, achieve her goals and leave a legacy that will help persons like herself in Jamaica.
- Lady Gaga goes "gaga" Lady Gaga has rushed out her new single, Applause, after a number of snippets leaked online. "A pop music emergency is underway,"tweeted the star as the single was distributed to iTunes and YouTube. Applause, the singer's first new material since... Read More
- The heat is on: Basket ball Athletes in Action (A.I.A), along with the Jamaica Basketball Federation (JaBA), is currently on the island with their men’s basketball team in Kingston to compete against local College All-Stars. This American team consists of men’s basketball... Read More
- Over 100 killed in Cairo As police continued to move into break up two pro-Morsi protest camps in Cairo reports have emerged that at least 124 persons have been killed. One correspondent told the French news agency AFP that many of the bodies counted in three morgues at... Read More
- Caribbean Premier League 20/20 tournament resumes this Tuesday evening The Antigua Hawksbills will host leaders Barbados Tridents at the Sir Viv Richards Stadium as action in the Caribbean Premier League 20/20 tournament resumes this Tuesday evening following Monday’s one day break. The Barbados Tridents continue to... Read More
- 12-year-old Zachary Reyna is now in intensive care 12-year-old Zachary Reyna is now in intensive care at a Miami Hospital, after contracting the brain eating parasite. The 12-year-old contracted the deadly parasite on August 3 while playing in ditch close to his house. The next day the child slept... Read More
- Save the children More than 100,000 children in the Central African Republic are facing sexual abuse and recruitment into armed groups, Save the Children has warned. The children have been forced to flee their homes following the overthrow of the government by a... Read More