Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
There are two working bathrooms at the Rocky Point Fishing Village in Clarendon, but at the moment, the doors are closed because persons refuse to pay the $50 charged to use them.Instead, many persons have opted to make the beach their bathroom."A...
Bishop Dr Wellesley Blair, former board chairman of the Universal Service Fund (USF), has declined to comment on an employment contract he allegedly signed unlawfully that resulted in the termination of former USF CEO Dr Hugh Cross."Anybody [who]...
The integrity of the phone video, text messages, and voice notes used to convict dancehall artiste Vybz Kartel of murder remain intact and was properly left to jurors to consider, a prosecutor has argued.Further, prosecutors yesterday asked the...
A market study conducted by Dr Joy Moncrieffe of the Institute for Applied Social Research has confirmed the view held by many that employers are not keen on employing persons with disabilities (PWDs).The 2016 study said that while there were some...
Minister of Science and Technology Dr Andrew Wheatley has committed to providing $US40,000 (J$5.2m) to the Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) to be used to procure tablets for educators.Speaking at the science, technology, engineering and...
- Train crash driver slated to appear in court today 52-year –old Francisco Jose Garzon de Amo the driver of a train which derailed in Santiago de Compostela is slated to appear before a court today after 80 persons were killed. Spanish media reported that the train driver stated “I’ve messed it up, I... Read More
- Disgruntled security guards vow to continue protest Disgruntled security guards who were employed to the Pan Caribbean Sugar Company have vowed to continue their protest action until they are reinstated. The workers were sent home on discretionary leave on Sunday by the company. However, the security... Read More
- Roger to intervene The Minister of Agriculture has intervened in a dispute involving farmers from the Plantain Garden River Agro Park in the eastern parish of St Thomas, the Fred Jones Estate and the Sugar Transformation Unit, (STU). On Wednesday, Roger Clarke,... Read More
- Lady Saw warms behind the screens Patrons at Tuesday's Behind the Screens live series witnessed a performance that will stay in their minds for some time. Dancehall diva Lady Saw was guest performer at Usain Bolt's Tracks and Records Lounge. She delivered a typically raunchy and... Read More
- 13 yr old LaTonya Williams missing Thirteen-year-old LaTonya Williams of Savoy Crescent, Manchester has been missing from home since July 23. She is of dark complexion, slim build and about five-feet-one-inch tall. Information received is that LaTonya left home about 7:30 pm for an... Read More
- Teenager remains in stable condition The teenager who was shot and injured on the compound of Cornwall College in Montego Bay, St. James, remains in stable condition in hospital. A source at the school confirmed that he was shot in both hands and feet. The shooting took place about 12... Read More