Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Two men believed to have created panic in Kingston and Falmouth last year reporting fake bomb threats at courthouses to detract from cases they have before the courts have been charged.
Heart Foundation of Jamaica (HFJ) analysis showing that more than three-quarters of clients have abnormal blood pressure and that nearly 70 per cent are overweight has prompted the organisation to ramp up its sensitisation programmes in the lead-up...
Melissa Harriot, the St James woman accused of stealing a three-week-old baby at Cornwall Regional Hospital on January 4, was given a stern warning by Parish Judge Kacia Grant when she had her bail extended in the St James Parish Court yesterday....
- Women’s league continues Defending champions Barbican will play away to St Thomas Strikers at Lyssons Pavillion when the Sherwin Williams Women’s Football League resumes today with third round action. The match is one of two Zone ‘A’ clashes on the day. In the other Zone ‘A... Read More
- Heatwave kills 10 in China A heatwave gripping parts of Shanghai, China has killed ten persons as the city experiences its hottest July in 140 years. Chinese officials have issued an emergency level two heat alert in nine provinces due to record highs in temperatures.... Read More
- Man kills cousin The police in Westmoreland has charged Delroy Whyte with the murder of his 41-year-old cousin Richard Ferguson in a section of Westmoreland on Monday. Both men along with neighbours were cooking and partying on Monday at premises where they live,... Read More
- Body found in Sterling Castle A man was found dead at a property in Sterling Castle St Andrew this morning. He has been identified as Carlton Bryan. Police reported that at about 7:00am the body of the man was discovered with the hands and feet bound and a cloth placed over its... Read More
- 5 pm deadline for Moscow The deadline for teams participating in the 14th IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia, to be submitted to the IAAF is 5:00 pm Jamaican time today. And for Jamaica very few, if any, surprises are expected. Double sprint world record-holder... Read More
- CISOCA seeks Tanicka Brown The Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA) – St Catherine South Division, is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a witness in a case that is now before the Spanish Town Resident Magistrate’s Court. She is... Read More