Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The Andrew Holness administration intends to spend US$20 million to facilitate the commencement of construction of a vacuum distillation unit (VDU) at the state-owned oil refinery Petrojam in the 2019-2020 financial year.
A male person of interest who was picked up on Wednesday in Buff Bay, Portland, by senior investigators probing the murder of East Portland Member of Parliament (MP) Dr Lynvale Bloomfield has been relased...
The Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC), the beleaguered state-owned bus company, has projected that it will rack up operating losses of just over $9 billion for the upcoming fiscal year. The losses are the result of a $1.5-billion increase in the...
The Ministry of Health is to complete designs and acquire the requisite regulatory approvals for the construction of the long-awaited 220-bed Western Children Adolescent Hospital in Montego Bay, St James...
The Doubling of the capital expenditure for the security forces for the upcoming fiscal year will significantly boost their capacity to curb crime, National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang has said.
- Blackpool for Fuller Football League Championship side Blackpool have begun talks over a deal to sign former Stoke City striker Ricardo Fuller. The Jamaican underwent a medical yesterday ahead of talks on a one-year deal with the chance of extending it to a year. Fuller... Read More
- Indictment on Pistorious South African Paralympian Oscar Pistorius is to be served with an indictment after the South African police completed their investigation into the February 14, 2013 shooting death of Reeva Steenkamp. A senior police official stated today that the... Read More
- Nickiesha Wilson for 400m hurdles final Nickiesha Wilson will be the only Jamaican to compete in the final of the women's 400m Hurdles final. Wilson clocked a season's best time of 54.94s in Heat 1 of the semifinals to advance in Thursday's final which will take place at 11:45 am. Jamaica... Read More
- NY Irie Jamboree THE Caribbean Fever Irie Jamboree Music Festival, scheduled for Brooklyn, New York, from August 30-September 1, will pay homage to Afro-Caribbean music. The three-day music festival takes place at the Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets... Read More
- Police injured in shoot out A policeman is being treated for an injury he sustained Monday night during a shoot-out in east Kingston. The cop was grazed by a bullet when a gunman fired on a police team which was on patrol in the Windward Road area. According to information... Read More
- 44 worshipers killed in Nigeria At least 44 worshipers have been shot dead at a mosque in northeast Nigeria. The killings took place during prayers Sunday morning but news only emerged Monday. The attack occurred in the town of Konduga, 35 kilometres from the state capital... Read More