Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Chief Executive Officer of the Universal Service Fund (USF) Suzette Buchanan has "separated" from the Agency. The details surrounding her departure have not been released. However, it comes just over a month after concern that her...
WESTERN BUREAU:Hopes of finding Jamaican Dawna Munroe and her nine-year-old daughter Crystal were crushed last Friday when Italian authorities confirmed they were among the 43 people killed when a bridge they were driving across collapsed in Genoa,...
Two of the jurors who handed down the guilty verdict in the Vybz Kartel murder trial in 2014 are claiming that their lives have been transformed into nightmares since then.The two are now living overseas and say it has been difficult trying to make...
Less than 35 per cent of mothers in the Kingston Metropolitan Area (KMA) are exclusively breastfeeding their babies in the first six weeks of their lives, despite extensive campaigns showing that this is the best for the baby.That is one of the...
Jamaica's effort to fight cancer and chronic diseases has received a major boost with the investment of more than $250 million into the re-establishment of a Nuclear Medicine Centre at the University Hospital of the West Indies (UHWI).The centre is...
- Modernise the practice of probate and administration of estates in Jamaica As the government continues its move to modernise the practice of probate and administration of estates in Jamaica, Justice Minister Senator Mark Golding, has disclosed that the law is to be amended so that a child in the womb can be recognised as a... Read More
- UNDP seeks commissioners Justice Minister Mark Golding says, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been working alongside the Government to identify potential commissioners. He says the organisation has provided the names of some international candidates from... Read More
- Mugabe lashes out at Obama Robert Mugabe has blasted Barack Obama's stance on homosexuals ahead of the Zimbabwe elections. Mugabe repeated his claim that homosexuals were "worse than pigs and dogs" and criticized the Americans' linking of aid contributions to countries' human... Read More
- Slight increase in gas prices: Jamaica Effective tomorrow all gas prices except for E10-90 and E10-87 gasolene prices will increase. . A litre of E10-90 gasolene will be sold for $116.91 while E10-87 will be sold for $115.26 following a $0.05 decrease in its price. A litre of automotive... Read More
- TAJ power outage affects operations The Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) says that low power outage has affected operations at its King Street Revenue Service Centre (RSC) downtown Kingston. As a result there is a temporary halt of all services at the location as the Jamaica Public... Read More
- JFLAG condems killing The Jamaica Forum for Lesbians and Gays has called on the public to aid the police in their investigation into the murder of 17-year-old Cross-Dresser Dwayne Jones in Irwin, St. James. On its Facebook page, today, JFLAG posted a picture and called... Read More