Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Several People's National Party (PNP) supporters in St Elizabeth North East are adamant that the constituency, which has been solidly 'orange' over the years, could go 'green' because it has not had a good political representative since the time of...
Residents of Nannyville Gardens are demanding that the Government ensures that the country gets full value for every cent of taxpayers' money spent.They are also urging the Andrew Holness administration to ensure that there is transparency in how...
Eight out of 10 Jamaicans are of the view that a husband should legally have a say as to whether his wife decides to end a pregnancy.That is part of the findings from an all-island poll, conducted recently by the Johnson Survey Research Limited on a...
Keith Duncan, co-chairman of the Economic Programme Oversight Committee (EPOC), has been given a simple message to take to the Andrew Holness administration: "Target Trinidad".The message was delivered to Duncan last Monday during the latest Gleaner...
Residents of Nanny-ville Gardens are demanding that the Government ensures that the country gets full value for every cent of taxpayers' money spent.They are also urging the Andrew Holness administration to ensure that there is transparency in how...
- Modernise the practice of probate and administration of estates in Jamaica As the government continues its move to modernise the practice of probate and administration of estates in Jamaica, Justice Minister Senator Mark Golding, has disclosed that the law is to be amended so that a child in the womb can be recognised as a... Read More
- UNDP seeks commissioners Justice Minister Mark Golding says, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been working alongside the Government to identify potential commissioners. He says the organisation has provided the names of some international candidates from... Read More
- Mugabe lashes out at Obama Robert Mugabe has blasted Barack Obama's stance on homosexuals ahead of the Zimbabwe elections. Mugabe repeated his claim that homosexuals were "worse than pigs and dogs" and criticized the Americans' linking of aid contributions to countries' human... Read More
- Slight increase in gas prices: Jamaica Effective tomorrow all gas prices except for E10-90 and E10-87 gasolene prices will increase. . A litre of E10-90 gasolene will be sold for $116.91 while E10-87 will be sold for $115.26 following a $0.05 decrease in its price. A litre of automotive... Read More
- TAJ power outage affects operations The Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) says that low power outage has affected operations at its King Street Revenue Service Centre (RSC) downtown Kingston. As a result there is a temporary halt of all services at the location as the Jamaica Public... Read More
- JFLAG condems killing The Jamaica Forum for Lesbians and Gays has called on the public to aid the police in their investigation into the murder of 17-year-old Cross-Dresser Dwayne Jones in Irwin, St. James. On its Facebook page, today, JFLAG posted a picture and called... Read More