Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Corporal Kirk Lawrence, who has been charged with the murder of his wife, Janet Hardie-Lawrence, was remanded when he appeared in the St Mary Parish Court recently. Lawrence, who is represented by attorney-at-law Oswest Senior-Smith, is to return...
Tesha Miller, reputed leader of the Spanish Town, St Catherine-based Clansman Gang, will on December 3 know whether the Supreme Court supports his claim against the State, which he has accused of assault, false imprisonment and malicious...
Eight months since being formally advised via email from Campion College that her child was awarded a monetary grant through the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information’s Career Advancement Programme (CAP), a disgruntled parent yesterday said...
Business Access Television (BATV) has been sold to Dawgen Global, the company revealed in a news release yesterday. The five-year-old business-centred cable network, the brainchild of Jamaican businessmen Leighton Davis and Garth Walker, will...
- There Will Be Repercussions, Syrian President Warns US Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad warned the United States (US) would have "repercussions" for any military strike launched in response to a chemical weapons attack, while President Barack Obama prepared his final public arguments for such... Read More
- Must Win!... Reggae Boyz Face Do-Or-Die WCQ Clash Against Costa Rica ALL HOPE seems lost. But the Reggae Boyz are not ready to throw in the towel yet. With only three points and more-than-a win gap to the most reachable qualifying position, Jamaica's senior men's football team has no option but to claim all... Read More
- Fire destroyed $3.5 million in assets. Fire destroyed a section of the poor relief office located at the St. Ann’s Bay Parish Council building in St. Ann yesterday. At 5:45 pm fire was seen coming from a section of the building and the fire brigade was summoned. Three units... Read More
- Vaz backs Shaw in JLP leadership race Daryl Vaz the Member of Parliament for West Portland has given his backing to outgoing Deputy Leader of the Jamaica Labour Party, Audley Shaw in the leadership race against party leader Andrew Holness. Vaz declared his choice last night, during... Read More
- PM to update nation on China visit in Parliament today Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller is to provide the country with a report on her recent five-day visit to China on government business. Since last week members of the public and the Parliamentary Opposition have been asking for details on the... Read More
- Chilando is moving full speed ahead Show Di Vybz recording artiste Chilando is moving full speed ahead with his career. The singjay recently topped the - Hit List On The Rise Chart with the video for his hard hitting single titled Gwaan Gyal, which was directed by Dameon Gayle. This... Read More