- Two persons charged for ganja seizure Two persons have been charged in connection with the seizure of over 2,000 pounds of compressed Ganja which was seized in Manchester last week by the police. They are 48-year-old Michael Lennox a Santa Cruz resident and 29-year-old Kayan Talbert St... Read More
- Police Constable in custody A police constable is now in custody following the fatal shooting of 21-year-old vendor Christopher Hill in Wesley Crescent, St. Ann on July 12. Police were conducting an operation sometime after 4 am on July 12 when Hill was spotted running away... Read More
- Italian Police Raid Asafa, Sherone, Trainer Hotel Room The Associated Press says, Italian police have raided the hotel where Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson and their Canadian trainer are staying after the two athletes tested positive for banned stimulants. Rooms of the athletes and physical trainer... Read More
- "Ban smoking initiative untidy" Cigarette Company, Carreras is expressing concern that many Jamaicans still do not know what the ban on smoking in public places means, even as it comes into effect today. Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at Carreras, Christopher Brown,... Read More
- Operational challenges at the Minard facility The National Water Commission (NWC) is advising customers served by the Minard Well in Brown’s Town, St. Ann, that the disruption they are experiencing is as a result of operational challenges at the Minard facility. The NWC is assuring customers... Read More
- The long awaited "Bossy" trial The long awaited trial for Dancehall Entertainer Vybz Kartel who is charged with the murder of Portmore businessman Barrington ‘Bossy’ Burton is slated to get underway today after several delays. A 12-member jury was selected last week, and the... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Governor General Sir Patrick Allen, who presided over a tripartite meeting with representatives of the executive, legislature, and judiciary, said that everyone agreed that the recent developments in the judicial branch of Government could have been...
Acting Commissioner of Police Clifford Blake has said that the Jamaica Constabulary Force was in the process of creating an anti-crime plan but that such an initiative would not work if the country's social ills are not addressed."We are currently...
Longstanding suggestions that the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF), which is believed to be ill-equipped and outdated to deal with current realities, be disbanded and reconstituted have been dismissed as a "utopian dream" by National Security...
Several students and a teacher of the Mona High School in St Andrew were yesterday rushed to the University Hospital of the West Indies following an explosion, reportedly from an experiment that had gone terribly wrong.The Gleaner understands that...
Michael McLean, the man on trial for killing four children and two women, has admitted that on the day of the slayings, he took a 12-inch knife, a chopper, a machete, a pitch fork, and a hoe from his home and placed them in his motor car. McLean,...