Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
WESTERN BUREAU:Anthony 'Okey' Williams said he cried "one million times" as the turbulent weather hoisted his boat into the air several times, thirst parched his throat, and his stomach screamed for food.By day five of the seven days being lost at...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness is guaranteeing that there is an active national security strategy at work that has led to an overall reduction in crime. However, he pointed out that to make the details public was a sure way to ensure failure....
Although making it quite clear that discipline will be maintained, Dr Elaine Cunningham, who heads St Hugh's High School inSt Andrew, believes that the issue of grooming must include negotiation and compromise.Speaking with The Gleaner about...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness says that he has been receiving updates on the controversy surrounding former Minister of National Security Robert Montague's involvement in the Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) granting a gun licence to man who...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness is reassuring residents in the communities adjacent to the National Heroes Park in Kingston that the planned redevelopment of the area will be to their benefit, hence they have no reason to be concerned.Residents have...
- Royal baby named Royal officials say Britain's new prince has been named George Alexander Louis. Palace officials said Wednesday that the two-day-old baby and third-in-line to the throne will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge. Earlier in... Read More
- Calls for civic groups to disclose finances Conditional support has come from one organization for a motion tabled in Parliament on Tuesday calling for civil society and other interest groups to be registered and provide audited financial accounts for scrutiny. The motion was tabled by... Read More
- Pistol found at nightclub on Spanish Town road An ADP pistol and one magazine containing two rounds were seized at a nightclub along Spanish Town Road, St Andrew last night. The Hunts Bay police said that about 9:15 pm, police conducted a search at the nightclub, during which the weapon was... Read More
- Footballer returns adverse analytical finding The local sporting fraternity has been hit with news of another positive doping finding. A statement early Wednesday morning from the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), said notification came Tuesday from the Chief Medical Officer of FIFA that... Read More
- Kartel freed of Bossie murder Dancehall DJ ‘Vybz Kartel’ was freed of murder charges in the Home Circuit court a short while ago. Kartel, co-accused Lenburgh McDonald and Nigel Thompson were freed after the prosecution declared that no further evidence would be brought against... Read More
- Man found hanged in St. Catherine An unidentified man was found hanged in a section of Old Harbour, St. Catherine this morning. Residents stumbled upon the body of the man hanging from a tree along Burke Road. The police have been summoned to the scene. Investigations are underway. Read More