Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
"This is a glorious day. Words cannot truly describe this historic achievement by this group of young ladies, who through sheer grit and determination in a game in which both teams went all out for victory, came out victorious. Dallas, USA, may be...
“It is an unbelievable feeling; it is a feeling of accomplishment.” Those words by assistant coach Andrew Price perfectly sums up the almost super human effort that led to Jamaica’s historic qualification to next year’s FIFA...
PICK YOUR PARLIAMENTOver the next few days, The Gleaner will be publishing features on the five designers shortlisted for the new Parliament building to be constructed at National Heroes Park in Kingston. During the period, readers are invited to...
Following yesterday's revelation that the prosecution's final two witnesses are not available this week, the trial for murder-accused police Constable Collis 'Chucky' Brown has been adjourned until Monday.Brown is being tried for the January 10,...
When a heavily hued Jamaican woman with 'Chiney bump' (hair twisted and rolled into knots) was featured as a television presenter, there was collective shock and surprise, but there was also celebration for the promotion of women who looked like the...
- Royal baby named Royal officials say Britain's new prince has been named George Alexander Louis. Palace officials said Wednesday that the two-day-old baby and third-in-line to the throne will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge. Earlier in... Read More
- Calls for civic groups to disclose finances Conditional support has come from one organization for a motion tabled in Parliament on Tuesday calling for civil society and other interest groups to be registered and provide audited financial accounts for scrutiny. The motion was tabled by... Read More
- Pistol found at nightclub on Spanish Town road An ADP pistol and one magazine containing two rounds were seized at a nightclub along Spanish Town Road, St Andrew last night. The Hunts Bay police said that about 9:15 pm, police conducted a search at the nightclub, during which the weapon was... Read More
- Footballer returns adverse analytical finding The local sporting fraternity has been hit with news of another positive doping finding. A statement early Wednesday morning from the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), said notification came Tuesday from the Chief Medical Officer of FIFA that... Read More
- Kartel freed of Bossie murder Dancehall DJ ‘Vybz Kartel’ was freed of murder charges in the Home Circuit court a short while ago. Kartel, co-accused Lenburgh McDonald and Nigel Thompson were freed after the prosecution declared that no further evidence would be brought against... Read More
- Man found hanged in St. Catherine An unidentified man was found hanged in a section of Old Harbour, St. Catherine this morning. Residents stumbled upon the body of the man hanging from a tree along Burke Road. The police have been summoned to the scene. Investigations are underway. Read More