Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A call is being made for young doctors to receive more in depth training about the importance of patients’ rights and working as a team. Linnette Vassell, advocacy specialist in the Partnership for the Promotion of Patients'...
A mobile testing unit, valued at over $12 million, which has been handed over to the South East Regional Health Authority (SERHA), will enable health personnel to go into communities to conduct human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) tests. The unit was...
The National Works Agency (NWA) will be implementing traffic changes in Santa Cruz, St Elizabeth, come Monday. The changes are to facilitate the conversion of Main Street in the town into a one-way. As of Monday, Main Street, Santa Cruz,...
WESTERN BUREAU: Patrick Gilchrist, the public cleansing officer at the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA) in western Jamaica, says plans are in place to ensure the effective removal of solid waste from the Montego ...
One Government senator has joined the call for the Andrew Holness administration to publicly name the companies that got contracts from the state-owned oil refinery, Petrojam, that were found to be in breach of government procurement rules.Further,...
- Royal baby named Royal officials say Britain's new prince has been named George Alexander Louis. Palace officials said Wednesday that the two-day-old baby and third-in-line to the throne will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge. Earlier in... Read More
- Calls for civic groups to disclose finances Conditional support has come from one organization for a motion tabled in Parliament on Tuesday calling for civil society and other interest groups to be registered and provide audited financial accounts for scrutiny. The motion was tabled by... Read More
- Pistol found at nightclub on Spanish Town road An ADP pistol and one magazine containing two rounds were seized at a nightclub along Spanish Town Road, St Andrew last night. The Hunts Bay police said that about 9:15 pm, police conducted a search at the nightclub, during which the weapon was... Read More
- Footballer returns adverse analytical finding The local sporting fraternity has been hit with news of another positive doping finding. A statement early Wednesday morning from the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), said notification came Tuesday from the Chief Medical Officer of FIFA that... Read More
- Kartel freed of Bossie murder Dancehall DJ ‘Vybz Kartel’ was freed of murder charges in the Home Circuit court a short while ago. Kartel, co-accused Lenburgh McDonald and Nigel Thompson were freed after the prosecution declared that no further evidence would be brought against... Read More
- Man found hanged in St. Catherine An unidentified man was found hanged in a section of Old Harbour, St. Catherine this morning. Residents stumbled upon the body of the man hanging from a tree along Burke Road. The police have been summoned to the scene. Investigations are underway. Read More