Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
It was literally a case of 'speed kills' along the Hopewell main road in Hanover on Sunday night as all five occupants of a Toyota Corolla motor car died instantaneously in a horrific crash that left the two occupants of another car badly injured."...
Almost seven in every 10 Jamaicans would not recommend an abortion to a friend who is faced with an unwanted pregnancy.Only one in seven persons (14 per cent) would recommend the termination of the pregnancy, while 17 per cent would give their...
People's National Party (PNP) commissioners to the Electoral Commission of Jamaica (ECJ) have said that they have been witness to claims of abuse made by the former director of elections, Orrette Fisher, who resigned from the body in the middle of a...
Western Bureau:While residents of Lucea in Hanover are now seeking to put their lives back together after last week's devastating rains, the town's mayor, Councillor Sheridan Samuels, has blamed the flooding on climate change and has called for a...
Superintendent Sharon Beeput, the commanding officer of the Hanover police, disclosed that the traffic accident that occurred along the Hopewell main road on Sunday night was the ninth fatal crash in the parish, totalling 14 deaths since the start...
- Voicemail new Brand Ambassador for Fire Blade energy drink Popular dancehall group now duo Voicemail has been signed as brand ambassador for Fire Blade energy drink. Voicemail will be employed by the makers of Fire Blade energy drink to promote its products or services within the activity known as branding... Read More
- Jamaican appointed to top White House position Jamaican born Claudia Gordon has been appointed as associate director in the White House Office of Public Engagement in the Obama administration. The Deaf News Today reports that Gordon moves from the Department of Labour where she dealt with... Read More
- 170 pounds of ganja found in Cave district The Black River Police in St Elizabeth seized 170 pounds of ganja at Cave district in the parish yesterday. No arrests were made in relation to the seizure. Reports are that between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm a team of officers conducted an operation in... Read More
- Mike Henry continues push for debate on reparation Mike Henry, Member of Parliament (MP) for Central Clarendon, is continuing his push to have the House of Representatives debate the issue of the British government granting reparation to Jamaica for acts committed during slavery.The MP on Tuesday... Read More
- Murder trial of Vybz Kartel could collapse The spotlight will be on the Home Circuit Court Wednesday amid signs that the murder trial of Adidja Palmer, the dancehall entertainer known as Vybz Kartel, could collapse. Prosecutors are to decide Wednesday morning whether they will continue with... Read More
- Security guard gunned down The community of Millsborough in St. Andrew was Tuesday evening the scene of a deadly drive-by shooting. A security guard was killed while walking to his workplace on Millsborough Avenue. He has been identified as Mark South, an employee of a... Read More