Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
"This is a glorious day. Words cannot truly describe this historic achievement by this group of young ladies, who through sheer grit and determination in a game in which both teams went all out for victory, came out victorious. Dallas, USA, may be...
“It is an unbelievable feeling; it is a feeling of accomplishment.” Those words by assistant coach Andrew Price perfectly sums up the almost super human effort that led to Jamaica’s historic qualification to next year’s FIFA...
PICK YOUR PARLIAMENTOver the next few days, The Gleaner will be publishing features on the five designers shortlisted for the new Parliament building to be constructed at National Heroes Park in Kingston. During the period, readers are invited to...
Following yesterday's revelation that the prosecution's final two witnesses are not available this week, the trial for murder-accused police Constable Collis 'Chucky' Brown has been adjourned until Monday.Brown is being tried for the January 10,...
When a heavily hued Jamaican woman with 'Chiney bump' (hair twisted and rolled into knots) was featured as a television presenter, there was collective shock and surprise, but there was also celebration for the promotion of women who looked like the...
- Voicemail new Brand Ambassador for Fire Blade energy drink Popular dancehall group now duo Voicemail has been signed as brand ambassador for Fire Blade energy drink. Voicemail will be employed by the makers of Fire Blade energy drink to promote its products or services within the activity known as branding... Read More
- Jamaican appointed to top White House position Jamaican born Claudia Gordon has been appointed as associate director in the White House Office of Public Engagement in the Obama administration. The Deaf News Today reports that Gordon moves from the Department of Labour where she dealt with... Read More
- 170 pounds of ganja found in Cave district The Black River Police in St Elizabeth seized 170 pounds of ganja at Cave district in the parish yesterday. No arrests were made in relation to the seizure. Reports are that between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm a team of officers conducted an operation in... Read More
- Mike Henry continues push for debate on reparation Mike Henry, Member of Parliament (MP) for Central Clarendon, is continuing his push to have the House of Representatives debate the issue of the British government granting reparation to Jamaica for acts committed during slavery.The MP on Tuesday... Read More
- Murder trial of Vybz Kartel could collapse The spotlight will be on the Home Circuit Court Wednesday amid signs that the murder trial of Adidja Palmer, the dancehall entertainer known as Vybz Kartel, could collapse. Prosecutors are to decide Wednesday morning whether they will continue with... Read More
- Security guard gunned down The community of Millsborough in St. Andrew was Tuesday evening the scene of a deadly drive-by shooting. A security guard was killed while walking to his workplace on Millsborough Avenue. He has been identified as Mark South, an employee of a... Read More