Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
n Clubs and fast food restaurants: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.n Bars and other places that need a tavern licence: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.n Gas stations: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.n Supermarkets, grocery stores, wholesales: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.n Pharmacies: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.n...
WESTERN BUREAU:As violence against the island's children rises to increasingly disturbing levels, National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang says the brutality that is beginning to emerge is particularly worrying.At least 35 children have been...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has vowed that the Government will use every legal tool at its disposal to erode the capacity of criminals to spread mayhem across the island.Addressing a hastily called press conference at Jamaica House yesterday to...
The leadership of the security forces has sought to allay fears that motorists in the Corporate Area, already dealing with traffic snarls because of three sets of major roadwork, could face further delays today with check points erected in...
The state of emergency (SOE) in sections of the Corporate Area, which was declared yesterday morning by Prime Minister Andrew Holness, has already turned out results as the security forces have removed three firearms from the possession of criminals...
- 17 year old cross-dresser chopped and stabbed to death A 17-year-old Cross-Dresser was chopped and stabbed to death at a River party in Irwin, St.James this morning. The teen whose identity was not released was dancing with a male when a woman at the party recognised him and told persons at the party... Read More
- Justice Bryan Skyes postpones ruling High Court Judge Justice Brian Sykes has postponed his ruling regarding whether he will allow statements from witnesses who can't be located to be admitted into evidence in the Vybz Kartel murder trial. Justice Sykes said on Tuesday morning that... Read More
- Miss Jamaica 2013 contestant accepts apology The Miss Jamaica World 2013 contestant who was the subject of an unfavourable Twitter post by Member of Parliament for North West St Ann, Dr Dayton Campbell, says she holds no grudge against the politician. Jenaae Jackson, who received the Best... Read More
- Jamaicans and Costa Ricans remanded Three Jamaicans identified as 33-year-old Romania Roy o/c 'Rambo', 29-year-old Fitzroy McLeod and 27-year-old Aaron Dixon along with three Costa Ricans identified as 48-year-old boat captain Harris Campbell-Walton, 47-year-old Lenard Dean-Berry and... Read More
- Thieves steal from the deaf THE police yesterday appealed to thieves who broke into the offices of the Jamaica Association for the Deaf on Marescaux Road, Kingston 5, on the weekend to return the stolen items. According to the police, the robbers took several items, including... Read More
- NWU cannot guarantee normality at sugar company Two more trade unions have served notice that normality cannot be guaranteed at three of Jamaica's main sugar factories as a dispute develops over the decision to send scores of security personnel on leave. A meeting on Tuesday with officials of... Read More