Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has declared a State of Public Emergency in the St Catherine North Police Division. Holness made the declaration a short while ago during a press conference at Jamaica House, citing rampant criminality and...
The police say the American woman and her son reported by friends to have been missing in Montego Bay, St James are safe.Kimberly Bradley and her child, Brandon, arrived at the Sangster International Airport from Virginia on Thursday.People in...
Local health insurance providers are coming under pressure from some women's rights advocates who are angry over the provision that pregnant women will have to pay upfront for medical services and then claim a refund.Despite having health insurance...
The police have seized more than 1,000 illegal guns since last year, and that, they say, is a sign that they are making slow but steady progress in getting the guns out of the hands ofcriminals.Data provided by the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF)...
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has reported a reduction in the number of corruption files it received against members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) last year.But there are concerns from local human rights groups...
- Probe into Horses death continues The Jamaica Veterinary Medical Association is waiting on data that will assist in determining how the food fed to several thoroughbred horses at the Caymanas Track came in contact with the substance that killed them. In May, nearly thirty horses... Read More
- Kartels murder trial underway A crime scene investigator was the first witness called at the murder trial of dancehall entertainer Vybz Kartel this morning. Earlier, the investigator made a PowerPoint presentation of the murder scene in the Gregory Park area of Portmore, St... Read More
- Lottery scam raid: Four arrested The police in the western parish of St. James arrested four persons during a lottery scam raid which led to the discovery of a large quantity of marijuana, money, cellular phones and lap top computers .The four, including two women were arrested... Read More
- Illegal bike show claims life An illegal motorbike show on the Myersville Main Road in St. Elizabeth on Sunday ended in tragedy. One of the participants’ sustained fatal injuries after two of the bikes collided. The mishap occurred shortly before 6:00 o'clock in the evening.... Read More
- Two persons charged for ganja seizure Two persons have been charged in connection with the seizure of over 2,000 pounds of compressed Ganja which was seized in Manchester last week by the police. They are 48-year-old Michael Lennox a Santa Cruz resident and 29-year-old Kayan Talbert St... Read More
- Police Constable in custody A police constable is now in custody following the fatal shooting of 21-year-old vendor Christopher Hill in Wesley Crescent, St. Ann on July 12. Police were conducting an operation sometime after 4 am on July 12 when Hill was spotted running away... Read More