Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Kameika Robinson, the 17-year-old student from The Queen's School, has dominated the regional rankings for Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) History Unit 1 examinations for the 2017-2018 academic year.From a cohort of hundreds of...
WESTERN BUREAU:Three men, who the police have labelled as major players in the illicit lottery scam, were yesterday arrested in an operation carried out in the Coral Spring community in Trelawny by the Lottery Scam Task Force.However, while the...
The Latest national statistics reveal that motorcyclists account for almost 25 per cent of road fatalities since the start of the year, with Westmoreland once again heading the list with 20 deaths.Kenute Hare, director of the Road Safety Unit in the...
Petrojam said that it has now received the US$370,000 that was owed by Aegean Marine Petroleum for products delivered on November 4.Agean has filed for bankruptcy protection in the United States.The Opposition had raised questions that amid the...
There was overwhelming gratitude for the generosity of the Straight Caribbean Spine Foundation (SCSF) after eight children who suffered from scoliosis benefited extensively from corrective surgeries at the Bustamante Hospital for Children (BHC).Dr...
- 17 year old cross-dresser chopped and stabbed to death A 17-year-old Cross-Dresser was chopped and stabbed to death at a River party in Irwin, St.James this morning. The teen whose identity was not released was dancing with a male when a woman at the party recognised him and told persons at the party... Read More
- Justice Bryan Skyes postpones ruling High Court Judge Justice Brian Sykes has postponed his ruling regarding whether he will allow statements from witnesses who can't be located to be admitted into evidence in the Vybz Kartel murder trial. Justice Sykes said on Tuesday morning that... Read More
- Miss Jamaica 2013 contestant accepts apology The Miss Jamaica World 2013 contestant who was the subject of an unfavourable Twitter post by Member of Parliament for North West St Ann, Dr Dayton Campbell, says she holds no grudge against the politician. Jenaae Jackson, who received the Best... Read More
- Jamaicans and Costa Ricans remanded Three Jamaicans identified as 33-year-old Romania Roy o/c 'Rambo', 29-year-old Fitzroy McLeod and 27-year-old Aaron Dixon along with three Costa Ricans identified as 48-year-old boat captain Harris Campbell-Walton, 47-year-old Lenard Dean-Berry and... Read More
- Thieves steal from the deaf THE police yesterday appealed to thieves who broke into the offices of the Jamaica Association for the Deaf on Marescaux Road, Kingston 5, on the weekend to return the stolen items. According to the police, the robbers took several items, including... Read More
- NWU cannot guarantee normality at sugar company Two more trade unions have served notice that normality cannot be guaranteed at three of Jamaica's main sugar factories as a dispute develops over the decision to send scores of security personnel on leave. A meeting on Tuesday with officials of... Read More