Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Some 20,000 jobs are expected to be generated in five years from the US$3-4 billion Jamaica-Gansu Industrial Park to be constructed in Nain, St Elizabeth, by the state-owned Chinese Jiuquan Iron...
ROSTOV-ON-DON (AP):With a single goal, Luis Suarez settled the fate of four teams in the group stage of the World Cup.The controversial striker, who was making his 100th appearance in his national team's light blue, scored Wednesday to give Uruguay...
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Audley Shaw yesterday served notice that he would be taking steps to close the trade loopholes that Jamaica's trading partners have been abusing to dump goods into the country to the...
She was not placed at the school of her choice, but Somer Wilson will not allow that to distract her from working hard when she moves on to the Holy Childhood High School in St Andrew come September.Wilson was among the four top students at the...
Zayne Glenister was up many nights, wondering where he would be placed after the Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) results were announced.He has breathed a sigh of relief, however, having gained a place at Campion College and getting perfect scores...
- 17 year old cross-dresser chopped and stabbed to death A 17-year-old Cross-Dresser was chopped and stabbed to death at a River party in Irwin, St.James this morning. The teen whose identity was not released was dancing with a male when a woman at the party recognised him and told persons at the party... Read More
- Justice Bryan Skyes postpones ruling High Court Judge Justice Brian Sykes has postponed his ruling regarding whether he will allow statements from witnesses who can't be located to be admitted into evidence in the Vybz Kartel murder trial. Justice Sykes said on Tuesday morning that... Read More
- Miss Jamaica 2013 contestant accepts apology The Miss Jamaica World 2013 contestant who was the subject of an unfavourable Twitter post by Member of Parliament for North West St Ann, Dr Dayton Campbell, says she holds no grudge against the politician. Jenaae Jackson, who received the Best... Read More
- Jamaicans and Costa Ricans remanded Three Jamaicans identified as 33-year-old Romania Roy o/c 'Rambo', 29-year-old Fitzroy McLeod and 27-year-old Aaron Dixon along with three Costa Ricans identified as 48-year-old boat captain Harris Campbell-Walton, 47-year-old Lenard Dean-Berry and... Read More
- Thieves steal from the deaf THE police yesterday appealed to thieves who broke into the offices of the Jamaica Association for the Deaf on Marescaux Road, Kingston 5, on the weekend to return the stolen items. According to the police, the robbers took several items, including... Read More
- NWU cannot guarantee normality at sugar company Two more trade unions have served notice that normality cannot be guaranteed at three of Jamaica's main sugar factories as a dispute develops over the decision to send scores of security personnel on leave. A meeting on Tuesday with officials of... Read More