Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Kameika Robinson, the 17-year-old student from The Queen's School, has dominated the regional rankings for Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) History Unit 1 examinations for the 2017-2018 academic year.From a cohort of hundreds of...
WESTERN BUREAU:Three men, who the police have labelled as major players in the illicit lottery scam, were yesterday arrested in an operation carried out in the Coral Spring community in Trelawny by the Lottery Scam Task Force.However, while the...
The Latest national statistics reveal that motorcyclists account for almost 25 per cent of road fatalities since the start of the year, with Westmoreland once again heading the list with 20 deaths.Kenute Hare, director of the Road Safety Unit in the...
Petrojam said that it has now received the US$370,000 that was owed by Aegean Marine Petroleum for products delivered on November 4.Agean has filed for bankruptcy protection in the United States.The Opposition had raised questions that amid the...
There was overwhelming gratitude for the generosity of the Straight Caribbean Spine Foundation (SCSF) after eight children who suffered from scoliosis benefited extensively from corrective surgeries at the Bustamante Hospital for Children (BHC).Dr...
- Lasco top cop granted bail The reigning LASCO top cop Sergeant Oneil Patterson has been granted $300,000 bail in relation to the rape charge against him. Bail was offered in the Home Circuit Court yesterday. Patterson was previously on bail but was remanded after the... Read More
- Probe into Horses death continues The Jamaica Veterinary Medical Association is waiting on data that will assist in determining how the food fed to several thoroughbred horses at the Caymanas Track came in contact with the substance that killed them. In May, nearly thirty horses... Read More
- Kartels murder trial underway A crime scene investigator was the first witness called at the murder trial of dancehall entertainer Vybz Kartel this morning. Earlier, the investigator made a PowerPoint presentation of the murder scene in the Gregory Park area of Portmore, St... Read More
- Lottery scam raid: Four arrested The police in the western parish of St. James arrested four persons during a lottery scam raid which led to the discovery of a large quantity of marijuana, money, cellular phones and lap top computers .The four, including two women were arrested... Read More
- Illegal bike show claims life An illegal motorbike show on the Myersville Main Road in St. Elizabeth on Sunday ended in tragedy. One of the participants’ sustained fatal injuries after two of the bikes collided. The mishap occurred shortly before 6:00 o'clock in the evening.... Read More
- Two persons charged for ganja seizure Two persons have been charged in connection with the seizure of over 2,000 pounds of compressed Ganja which was seized in Manchester last week by the police. They are 48-year-old Michael Lennox a Santa Cruz resident and 29-year-old Kayan Talbert St... Read More