Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A woman yesterday detailed for prosecutors how an official at the then Manchester Parish Council, whom she had befriended, telephoned her days before Christmas in 2015 to ask her to encash a cheque for him. The Manchester Parish Council has been...
Foreign Affairs Minister Kamina Johnson Smith says the Government cannot call in officials from the United States Embassy to shed light on the alleged inhumane treatment meted out to five Jamaican fishermen by the US Coast Guard until she has...
Port Antonio, Portland: The eastern parish of Portland is arming itself to tackle a rat-infestation problem that has taken root especially in the seaside town of Port Antonio, the parish’s capital. “They are just about everywhere. You hear them...
Three held on illegal gun, scamming charges Members of the Counter Terrorism and Organized Crime Investigation Branch arrested two males and a female for breaches of the Firearm Act and the Law Reform (Fraudulent Transaction) (Special Provisions)...
Members of the church community in Clarendon in bemoaning the crime situation plaguing the mid-island parish have said that the problem has been festering due to a lack of job opportunities and not enough positive role models and demonic possession...
- Tyler Perry joins the cast of 'Gone Girl' Tyler Perry has joined the cast of "Gone Girl," sources confirmed. Perry will play defense attorney Tanner Bolt, the man who reps Nick (Ben Affleck) after his wife disappears. The David Fincher-directed thriller, based on Gillian Flynn's popular... Read More
- 'Constructive' talks, but little headway on Syrian crisis. U.S. President Barack Obama and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, held what each man described Friday as a "constructive" talk about Syria. Obama described the 20-minute exchange on the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Russia as "... Read More
- West Indies gear up for India tour The West Indies Cricket Board has confirmed October 31 to November 27 as the window for the regional team's tour to India. It was also confirmed that apart from the two tests and three ODIs, the West Indies will play three (3) warm up games on... Read More
- Weir beats Ashmeade in 200m at Brussels Diamond League Jamaica's Warren Weir clocked 19.87s to finish just ahead of compatriot Nickel Ashmeade in 19.99s in men's 200m race at the Brussels diamond league meet. Weir ran fast around the bend as Ashmeade was closing in but he edged his countryman to... Read More
- Bolt wins 100m race in Brussels; Gatlin fourth. Reigning World Champion Usain Bolt won the men's 100m race at the final Diamond League meet in Brussels today. Bolt won in a time of 9.80seconds ahead of the American Michael Rodgers in a season's best time of 9.90seconds and Jamaica's Nesta... Read More
- Area of low pressure produces showers over Jamaica The Meteorological Service of Jamaica says the significant feature in the area is a broad area of low pressure across Jamaica and the central Caribbean. This area of low pressure should remain across the central Caribbean through the weekend. This... Read More