Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Some 20,000 jobs are expected to be generated in five years from the US$3-4 billion Jamaica-Gansu Industrial Park to be constructed in Nain, St Elizabeth, by the state-owned Chinese Jiuquan Iron...
ROSTOV-ON-DON (AP):With a single goal, Luis Suarez settled the fate of four teams in the group stage of the World Cup.The controversial striker, who was making his 100th appearance in his national team's light blue, scored Wednesday to give Uruguay...
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Audley Shaw yesterday served notice that he would be taking steps to close the trade loopholes that Jamaica's trading partners have been abusing to dump goods into the country to the...
She was not placed at the school of her choice, but Somer Wilson will not allow that to distract her from working hard when she moves on to the Holy Childhood High School in St Andrew come September.Wilson was among the four top students at the...
Zayne Glenister was up many nights, wondering where he would be placed after the Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) results were announced.He has breathed a sigh of relief, however, having gained a place at Campion College and getting perfect scores...
- Lasco top cop granted bail The reigning LASCO top cop Sergeant Oneil Patterson has been granted $300,000 bail in relation to the rape charge against him. Bail was offered in the Home Circuit Court yesterday. Patterson was previously on bail but was remanded after the... Read More
- Probe into Horses death continues The Jamaica Veterinary Medical Association is waiting on data that will assist in determining how the food fed to several thoroughbred horses at the Caymanas Track came in contact with the substance that killed them. In May, nearly thirty horses... Read More
- Kartels murder trial underway A crime scene investigator was the first witness called at the murder trial of dancehall entertainer Vybz Kartel this morning. Earlier, the investigator made a PowerPoint presentation of the murder scene in the Gregory Park area of Portmore, St... Read More
- Lottery scam raid: Four arrested The police in the western parish of St. James arrested four persons during a lottery scam raid which led to the discovery of a large quantity of marijuana, money, cellular phones and lap top computers .The four, including two women were arrested... Read More
- Illegal bike show claims life An illegal motorbike show on the Myersville Main Road in St. Elizabeth on Sunday ended in tragedy. One of the participants’ sustained fatal injuries after two of the bikes collided. The mishap occurred shortly before 6:00 o'clock in the evening.... Read More
- Two persons charged for ganja seizure Two persons have been charged in connection with the seizure of over 2,000 pounds of compressed Ganja which was seized in Manchester last week by the police. They are 48-year-old Michael Lennox a Santa Cruz resident and 29-year-old Kayan Talbert St... Read More