Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has declared a State of Public Emergency in the St Catherine North Police Division. Holness made the declaration a short while ago during a press conference at Jamaica House, citing rampant criminality and...
The police say the American woman and her son reported by friends to have been missing in Montego Bay, St James are safe.Kimberly Bradley and her child, Brandon, arrived at the Sangster International Airport from Virginia on Thursday.People in...
Local health insurance providers are coming under pressure from some women's rights advocates who are angry over the provision that pregnant women will have to pay upfront for medical services and then claim a refund.Despite having health insurance...
The police have seized more than 1,000 illegal guns since last year, and that, they say, is a sign that they are making slow but steady progress in getting the guns out of the hands ofcriminals.Data provided by the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF)...
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has reported a reduction in the number of corruption files it received against members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) last year.But there are concerns from local human rights groups...
- JPS: Electricity theft uncovered in Negril A joint operation conducted by Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) crews and the security forces in Negril, Westmoreland, has uncovered several instances of electricity theft. During a five-hour operation along the Norman Manley Boulevard, the... Read More
- Ban on smoking in public places takes effect today Several organisations are now marching in three towns across Jamaica in support of the ban on smoking in public places. The marches began around 8 a.m. in Morant Bay, St Thomas; Half-Way Tree, St Andrew; and Montego Bay, St James. The march is... Read More
- Former Broadcaster Wayne White Gets Fourteen Years Former broadcaster Wayne White and his co accused Safari Farr have both been sentenced to fourteen years in prison . Last month, when they appeared in the Gun Court the two pleaded guilty to wounding with intent and illegal possession of a firearm... Read More
- Ex-Lover Sues Sean Paul and Pens Embarrassing Tell All A jilted lover is suing Grammy Award-winning reggae artist Sean Paul in New York for $80 million — and taking intimate revenge in the process - claiming he had her illegally deported from Jamaica and drove her to attempt suicide. Susanne... Read More
- "Popcaan Loves Kartel" Video Goes Viral Belizean radio disc jockey Remix Assassin has created a viral YouTube remix video which recaps the Popcaan and Ryno conflict at the recent staging of Sting. The highlight of the video is Popcaan's bold claim that he loves Vybz Kartel the most... Read More
- "Whitney Houston Was Murdered" Whitney Houston was murdered by drug dealers and a new surveillance video proves it, a Hollywood private investigator is claiming. Paul Huebl says he has turned over evidence to the FBI that shows the 48-year-old singer was killed over a drug debt... Read More