Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Increasing reports of adverse test results have sparked alarm from the watchdog of Jamaica’s medical laboratories, with growing concern over a ballooning crisis as only five of more than a hundred lab companies are accredited to practise. Though...
It was a bloody Friday in Clarendon as three persons were shot in Sandy Bay and a senior citizen stabbed to death in York Town. In the first incident, an alarm was raised when relatives discovered the body of Robert Paris of Howell’s Content, York...
Opposition Senator Lambert Brown stirred controversy on Friday after accusing the Government of quietly slipping through the back door legislation that could give credence to homosexual practices in Jamaica. Brown was making specific mention to a...
Former long-time chairman of the People’s National Party (PNP), Robert Pickersgill, has not bought into suggestions coming from factions within the party that the looming leadership challenge triggered by Peter Bunting is likely to cause upheaval...
Sixteen persons have been arrested for trying to smuggle guns and ammunition into the island since 2016, and of that number, only seven have been convicted as local law enforcement battles a deadly arms industry in Jamaica. The majority of the...
- Chicken back shortage The current shortage of chicken back in the local retail trade is not likely to be eased for the rest of the year. In recent weeks there has been a shortage of Chicken back, which is widely consumed by poorer Jamaicans. According to Dr. Keith... Read More
- Oxford Mall crime scene The bullet riddled body of a man only identified as “Skinny Man” was found in the Oxford Mall, Downtown Kingston this morning. Residents stumbled upon the body sometime after 10 am and summoned the police to the scene. A motive for the killing has... Read More
- Digicel to terminate roaming charges Digicel is set to abolish roaming charges for persons travelling within the Caribbean starting October 1. This was revealed yesterday by Phillip Paulwell the President of the Caribbean Telecommunications Union during the opening of the CTU’s... Read More
- 4 year doping ban to return? The International Association of Athletics Federation is set to return to a four-year ban for athletes found to be doping. Beginning on January 1, 2015 the IAAF will implement its “unwavering commitment against doping” in the new WADA code which... Read More
- Eilat Airport close The Israeli Defence Force has closed the Eilat Airport to incoming flights until further notice following a security assessment. The northbound section of the airport has remained open for departing flights. This order by the IDF follows operations... Read More
- "Tutty Gran Wine" Local sources have reported that Rosie will be collaborating with Dancehall artiste QQ for a song called Tutty Gran Wine. Reports are that sometime last week; QQ posted a short video on Instagram with Rosie talking about the 'Tutty Gran Wine' dance... Read More