Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
CARICOM Chairman and Barbados Prime Minister Mia Mottley has drawn a clear line between herself and Jamaican Prime Minister Andrew Holness and other Caribbean leaders planning to meet with United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, criticising...
Founding member of the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR), J. Paul Morgan, has died. Morgan, who served in the capacity of deputy director general of the organisation before ascending to the rank of director general, had more than 40 years of...
Anglican Archbishop of the West Indies, the Reverend Dr Howard Gregory, said that everything should be done to safeguard the credibility of the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU), as well as its programmes, warning that “it may be necessary for...
WESTERN BUREAU: Four of five persons who were travelling from Portland to Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay were killed yesterday morning in a horrific mid-morning traffic collision along the Falmouth leg of the North Coast Highway,...
In early 2018, the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) was getting ready to engage a company to procure specialised materials for the construction of a new $701-million, three-storey student block at its main campus in east Kingston. Around the...
- White House Culture Jam :August 17 THREE organisations based in New York and the United Kingdom will present a live show next week aimed at discouraging domestic violence. DJT Promotions and Sunlight Productions from New York, and Global Harmony, a charity organisation from the UK,... Read More
- Andrew Riley for finals Andrew Riley qualified for the men’s 110m hurdles final after clocking 13.30s for fourth in Heat 2 of the semi-finals today. Earlier Hansle Parchment who ran in Heat 1 of the men’s 110m hurdles was third at one point in the race, before he hit the... Read More
- Fire at Venezuela oil refinery A lightning strike is being blamed for triggering a huge fire at one of Venezuela’s oil refinery yesterday. The incident took place in the town of Puerto La Cruz, prompting residents to evacuate the area immediately. The blaze was contained by fire... Read More
- St. Andrew man and 14-year old boy in custody A St. Andrew man and a 14-year old boy have been taken into custody by the St. Thomas Police following the seizure of an illegal firearm. The gun was found Sunday while a wake was in progress in Rowlandsfield. Reports are that at about 4:00 o'clock... Read More
- Ruffi-Ann makes her European debut REGGAE artiste Ruffi-Ann makes her European debut at Reggae Sundance at the E3 -Strand Eersel in the Netherlands today. "This will be my first time performing in Europe and I plan to make the most of it," she said. Also included in the line-up are... Read More
- Usain Bolt: Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 Triple World Record holder Usain Bolt says he is keen on making his first ever appearance at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014. There will be no major Athletics championships next year, and Bolt is considering his options after he won the 100m... Read More