Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Jamaican dancehall entertainer Brigadier Jerry has been slapped with a battery of gun-related charges in the United States, but the incident may have been triggered by a prank gone wrong, his wife has said. The 62-year-old singer, whose real name...
Less than 48 hours after Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced a $1.3-billion mitigation programme to combat the deadly dengue outbreak, councillors of the St Catherine Municipal Corporation engaged in a sparring match, accusing each other of...
A witness yesterday detailed in court how an accused killer admitted, during a jailhouse conversation, that he shot a teenage girl because “she did a bawl out too loud” while she was being chopped by one of his cronies. The witness was giving...
A murder convict-turned-Crown witness yesterday detailed how he and other men executed the plan orchestrated by accused Tesha Miller to kill the then chairman of the Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC), Douglas Chambers. Yesterday, the court heard...
Alleged water thieves charged Weeks after the official commissioning of the $630-million Essex Valley Water Supply Scheme, five persons have been charged under Section Three of the Public Utilities Act and Section 25 of the NWC Act for illegally...
- White House Culture Jam :August 17 THREE organisations based in New York and the United Kingdom will present a live show next week aimed at discouraging domestic violence. DJT Promotions and Sunlight Productions from New York, and Global Harmony, a charity organisation from the UK,... Read More
- Andrew Riley for finals Andrew Riley qualified for the men’s 110m hurdles final after clocking 13.30s for fourth in Heat 2 of the semi-finals today. Earlier Hansle Parchment who ran in Heat 1 of the men’s 110m hurdles was third at one point in the race, before he hit the... Read More
- Fire at Venezuela oil refinery A lightning strike is being blamed for triggering a huge fire at one of Venezuela’s oil refinery yesterday. The incident took place in the town of Puerto La Cruz, prompting residents to evacuate the area immediately. The blaze was contained by fire... Read More
- St. Andrew man and 14-year old boy in custody A St. Andrew man and a 14-year old boy have been taken into custody by the St. Thomas Police following the seizure of an illegal firearm. The gun was found Sunday while a wake was in progress in Rowlandsfield. Reports are that at about 4:00 o'clock... Read More
- Ruffi-Ann makes her European debut REGGAE artiste Ruffi-Ann makes her European debut at Reggae Sundance at the E3 -Strand Eersel in the Netherlands today. "This will be my first time performing in Europe and I plan to make the most of it," she said. Also included in the line-up are... Read More
- Usain Bolt: Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 Triple World Record holder Usain Bolt says he is keen on making his first ever appearance at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014. There will be no major Athletics championships next year, and Bolt is considering his options after he won the 100m... Read More