Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Scotiabank says it will be closing eight branches amid the coronavirus outbreak in Jamaica. The bank says the closures will run from April 15 to April 30. Affected branches: 1. Christiana, Manchester 2. Cross Roads, Kingston 3. Ironshore, St James...
COVID-19’s shuttering of schools has offered respite to an emotionally scarred teen who was pulled from classes on February 18 when she was reportedly held down by three boys who took turns sexually assaulting her. The teen’s mother is appealing...
Local health officials have tweaked instructions on the wearing of masks indicating that persons who cannot avoid “crowded situations” should put on the protective gear to decrease the likelihood of exposure to COVID-19. According to the Ministry...
With schools closing more than three weeks ago due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of Jamaican parents are finding it challenging to keep their children on track with lessons at home as teachers work out alternative arrangements to deliver...
The Ministry of Labour and Social Security said that it is working with Jamaica Post to ease a cash-flow shortage at a number of post offices across Jamaica. The problem has been attributed to pensioners, some of whom would accumulate their...
- Facebook crime Florida resident 31-year-old Derek Medina who is accused of fatally shooting his wife 26-year-old Jennifer Alfonso then posting a photograph of her body on Facebook will appear in court today. Florida Police Officers responded to a home in South... Read More
- Shanyce Anderson missing An Ananda Alert has been activated for 16-year-old Shanyce Anderson of Portmore Pines, Portmore, St Catherine, who has been missing since August 7. Shanyce is of dark complexion, medium build and is about five-feet-10-inches tall. The Portmore... Read More
- Did Chris Brown had a seizure??? International sources have reported that the Los Angeles City Fire Department rushed to a Hollywood recording studio earlier this morning (Fri. Aug 9), after getting a 911 call that R... Read More
- Trevor 'T-C' Campbell says he's optimistic Manager of Jamaica's World Championship team Trevor 'T-C' Campbell says the excitement shown at the pre-event camp has made him optimistic for Saturday's start in Moscow, Russia. Campbell says 95 per cent of the athletes turned up for the team's one... Read More
- U.S email service shuts down Two encrypted email services have closed down for reasons linked to US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden. Texas-based Lava-bit service has shut down but said legal reasons prevented it from explaining why. Correspondents say Lava-bit appears to... Read More
- Strong leads in Missionary robbery The Manchester police have reported that two men were taken into custody Thursday night following the robbery of a group of missionaries in Oxford district, Manchester the night before. About 20 missionaries were held up and robbed at a rented house... Read More