Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Prime Minister Andrew Holness yesterday revealed that the Chinese government has indicated an interest in rolling out major investments in the Caymanas Economic Zone. Addressing Parliament last night, Holness said that his working visit to China...
A chorus of outrage and condemnation erupted five days before Christmas in 2013 after news broke that gunmen had shot and killed a district constable and wounded one of his colleagues, a female corporal, as they attempted to arrest a wanted man in...
Auditor General Pamela Monroe Ellis divulged a shocker yesterday during a meeting of Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) when she revealed that the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) submitted to the education ministry variation costs in...
The prosecution’s star witness has rejected suggestions by a defence attorney that he lied in his sworn testimony against Tesha Miller, who is accused of ordering the 2008 murder of then chairman of the Jamaica Urban Transit Company, Douglas...
Acting permanent secretary in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Dr Grace McLean, has admitted to breaches in implementation contracts amounting to $218 million carried out by Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) to build and expand...
- Find progress says Kerry , The US and Russia must find progress on critical issues despite "collisions and moments of disagreement", US Secretary of State John Kerry has said. At a meeting in Washington, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lav-rov said the two nations had laid... Read More
- 127 people killed by police since the start of the year One-hundred-and-twenty-seven Jamaicans have been allegedly killed by the police between January 1 and June 30 of this year. Data from the Independent Commission of Investigations (INDECOM) show that 48 of the killings were committed from April to... Read More
- Switzerland sends Oprah apology The entire country of Switzerland is begging for Oprah Winfrey's forgiveness ... after a racist shop assistant in Zurich refused to show her a handbag because it was "too expensive" for Oprah. The incident occurred last month, when Oprah was in... Read More
- Felix in high hopes American Allyson Felix hopes a lighter load will yield better results at the World Championship in Moscow, Russia. Felix was unseated as world 200metre champion by jamaica's Veronica Campbell-Brown in Daegu, South Korea. Unlike two years ago, Felix... Read More
- MDC lashes out at Mugabe Zimbabwe's Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) has filed a legal challenge to Robert Mugabe's victory in last week's presidential elections. The electoral petition seeks an order for the result to be declared null and void and a new election to be... Read More
- IMAX for the Caribbean Imax, the global 3D cinema enterprise with more than 738 theatres in 53 countries, will expand to another Caribbean territory before it builds a second screen in Trinidad and Tobago. The announcement was made by Ingrid Evelyn Jahra, the chief... Read More