Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Sixteen persons have been arrested for trying to smuggle guns and ammunition into the island since 2016, and of that number, only seven have been convicted as local law enforcement battles a deadly arms industry in Jamaica. The majority of the...
A woman yesterday detailed for prosecutors how an official at the then Manchester Parish Council, whom she had befriended, telephoned her days before Christmas in 2015 to ask her to encash a cheque for him. The Manchester Parish Council has been...
Foreign Affairs Minister Kamina Johnson Smith says the Government cannot call in officials from the United States Embassy to shed light on the alleged inhumane treatment meted out to five Jamaican fishermen by the US Coast Guard until she has...
Port Antonio, Portland: The eastern parish of Portland is arming itself to tackle a rat-infestation problem that has taken root especially in the seaside town of Port Antonio, the parish’s capital. “They are just about everywhere. You hear them...
Three held on illegal gun, scamming charges Members of the Counter Terrorism and Organized Crime Investigation Branch arrested two males and a female for breaches of the Firearm Act and the Law Reform (Fraudulent Transaction) (Special Provisions)...
- Mandela in arrears? Johannesburg officials have apologized to Nelson Mandela after he was sent a warning that his water and electricity could be cut off over an unpaid bill. They said the notice demanding payment of 6,468 rand should have been sent to a different house... Read More
- Homemade gun seized A homemade firearm and two rounds of ammunition were found in bushes in the vicinity of the pump house in Burnt Savannah St Elizabeth Monday. No one was arrested in connection with the discovery. The Lacovia police said that at about 5:30 pm... Read More
- Xyclone SINCE his song Back Pocket Rag hit a few months ago, deejay Xyclone has enjoyed a career upswing. Back Pocket Rag is distributed by VP Records subsidiary VPAL. Xyclone recently filmed the accompanying music video in Richmond, Virginia and Maryland.... Read More
- Warren Weir looks to spotlight Olympic 200m bronze medallist Warren Weir has been growing from strength to strength, and after last year's surprise podium finish in London, the Racers Track Club man has drawn his battle lines ahead of the IAAF World Championships in Athletics.... Read More
- Michael Misick dismiss allegations Michael Misick the former Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands has dismissed reports published on an online blog which claimed he will be negotiating for a plea bargain with British and/or American law enforcement authorities, that would... Read More
- Fire destroys apartment Fire believed to be the work of arsonists damaged a section of an apartment in Barry district, Grange Hill Westmoreland on Monday. Reports received from the Grange Hill police are that about midday, the caretaker of the apartment was visiting the... Read More