Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday broke nearly 72 hours of silence over alleged surveillance and threats to the former US ambassador to Ukraine, saying he believed the allegations would prove to be wrong but that...
Porus, Manchester Details of a total of $1.5 million spent over a six-day period by an accused in the Manchester Municipal Corporation multimillon-dollar fraud trial were among the startling revelations made by the prosecution yesterday as it...
Following stinging criticism from the parliamentary opposition and National Integrity Action (NIA) over the non-tabling of the Auditor General’s Special Audit Report into allegations of malpractice at the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU),...
The chilling details of two incidents where alleged King Valley gang members forcibly had sex with women were yesterday outlined by a Crown witness, who admitted that he was more than a spectator when the attacks occurred. According to the witness...
A party staged for discarded former education minister Ruel Reid in April 2017 by the Caribbean Maritime University’s (CMU) beleaguered president, Fritz Pinnock, was labelled by the institution as a meeting and seminar. Pinnock, in April 2017,...
- Red Steel sent packing Disciplined bowling steered the Jamaica Tallawahs to a narrow five-run victory over the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel in their CPL T20 match at Queens Park Oval Wednesday night. Defending a modest 146 on a good pitch, the Tallawahs restricted the... Read More
- U.S vs. Russia US President Barack Obama yesterday scrapped a Moscow summit with Russia's Vladimir Putin, with the White House citing a lack of progress in relations and 'disappointment' over the Edward Snowden affair.The rare decision to cancel the talks set for... Read More
- Road Regulators to meet today Representatives of the Police Traffic Department and the National Works Agency (NWA) are among officials who have been asked to attend an emergency meeting Thursday of the National Road Safety Council. The meeting, which is scheduled for 10am at... Read More
- Fire at Kenyan Airport Air travellers across Africa are facing long delays after a huge fire ripped through the main airport in Kenya's capital, Nairobi, forcing its closure. Hundreds of passengers have been left stranded outside Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA... Read More
- JTA staff sent on leave The Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) has confirmed that staff in its accounting department has been sent on leave to facilitate investigations in the discovery of irregularities. The JTA, in a statement Wednesday said that in conducting the... Read More
- Tallawahs vs Red Steel tonight The Chris Gayle-led Jamaica Tallawahs will continue their campaign in the inaugural Caribbean Premier League Twenty20 tonight at 8 p.m. when they face Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel at Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad. Both teams have so far played two... Read More