Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Scotiabank says it will be closing eight branches amid the coronavirus outbreak in Jamaica. The bank says the closures will run from April 15 to April 30. Affected branches: 1. Christiana, Manchester 2. Cross Roads, Kingston 3. Ironshore, St James...
COVID-19’s shuttering of schools has offered respite to an emotionally scarred teen who was pulled from classes on February 18 when she was reportedly held down by three boys who took turns sexually assaulting her. The teen’s mother is appealing...
Local health officials have tweaked instructions on the wearing of masks indicating that persons who cannot avoid “crowded situations” should put on the protective gear to decrease the likelihood of exposure to COVID-19. According to the Ministry...
With schools closing more than three weeks ago due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of Jamaican parents are finding it challenging to keep their children on track with lessons at home as teachers work out alternative arrangements to deliver...
The Ministry of Labour and Social Security said that it is working with Jamaica Post to ease a cash-flow shortage at a number of post offices across Jamaica. The problem has been attributed to pensioners, some of whom would accumulate their...
- Red Steel sent packing Disciplined bowling steered the Jamaica Tallawahs to a narrow five-run victory over the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel in their CPL T20 match at Queens Park Oval Wednesday night. Defending a modest 146 on a good pitch, the Tallawahs restricted the... Read More
- U.S vs. Russia US President Barack Obama yesterday scrapped a Moscow summit with Russia's Vladimir Putin, with the White House citing a lack of progress in relations and 'disappointment' over the Edward Snowden affair.The rare decision to cancel the talks set for... Read More
- Road Regulators to meet today Representatives of the Police Traffic Department and the National Works Agency (NWA) are among officials who have been asked to attend an emergency meeting Thursday of the National Road Safety Council. The meeting, which is scheduled for 10am at... Read More
- Fire at Kenyan Airport Air travellers across Africa are facing long delays after a huge fire ripped through the main airport in Kenya's capital, Nairobi, forcing its closure. Hundreds of passengers have been left stranded outside Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA... Read More
- JTA staff sent on leave The Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) has confirmed that staff in its accounting department has been sent on leave to facilitate investigations in the discovery of irregularities. The JTA, in a statement Wednesday said that in conducting the... Read More
- Tallawahs vs Red Steel tonight The Chris Gayle-led Jamaica Tallawahs will continue their campaign in the inaugural Caribbean Premier League Twenty20 tonight at 8 p.m. when they face Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel at Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad. Both teams have so far played two... Read More