Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Four children who were removed from a vessel transporting what is believed to be illegal migrants are now in state care, pending further investigations by local authorities. The Gleaner understands that the boat, which is believed to have been...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness says parishes currently under a state of emergency (SOE) will see more relaxed business hours in a few weeks to facilitate increased commercial activity associated with the Christmas season. “The end of November – or...
The bloodletting continues in Clarendon despite a state of emergency blanketing the mid-island parish since September 5 as the Government seeks to peg back a runaway homicide rate. Early yesterday morning, criminals snuffed out the life of 51-year-...
Mandeville, Manchester: A witness whose name appears on several cheques reportedly drawn on the account of the Manchester Parish Council reappeared in court yesterday to continue giving testimony in the multimillion-dollar fraud trial. The witness...
Western Bureau: Montego Bay Mayor Homer Davis will be challenging Monday’s Supreme Court ruling that granted the gay-rights group Montego Bay Pride an interim order that allows them to rent the Montego Bay Cultural Centre for an upcoming event....
- Police to clampdown on speeding The police traffic division is to begin a renewed drive today against speeding on the nation’s road in light of a number of recent fatal crashes. Head of the Division, Senior Superintendent Radcliffe Lewis says as of this morning the police will be... Read More
- Obama Cancels meeting US President Barack Obama has canceled a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin after Russia decided to grant asylum to intelligence leaker Edward Snowden. According to the BBC, Obama says he is disappointed with Russia's decision to offer... Read More
- Tameka wants custody International sources have reported that Usher's ex-wife, Tameka Raymond, has filed legal documents in which she blames the singer for the near-death pool accident that landed their 5-year-old in ICU. In the documents, Tameka claims Usher Raymond V... Read More
- Deadly bomb attack in Pakistan kills 11 Eleven persons including a number of teenage boys were killed when a bomb blast hit in the impoverished neighborhood of Lyari in Karachi, Pakistan yesterday. The bomb was planted on a motor bike parked outside a stadium where a football match was... Read More
- 400m athlete Ahkeem Gauntlett arrested Jamaican 400m athlete Ahkeem Gauntlett was arrested and charged for theft by police in Arkansas, USA, in June, days before competing at Jamaica’s National Championships, according to media reports. Details of Gauntlett's arrest along with his... Read More
- 13-year old Amanda Ellis missing An Ananda Alert has been activated for 13-year old Amanda Ellis of Eleven Miles, Bull Bay, who has been missing since July 21. Amanda is of dark complexion, medium build and is about four-feet-six-inches tall. The Bull Bay police said Amanda was... Read More