Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
CARICOM Chairman and Barbados Prime Minister Mia Mottley has drawn a clear line between herself and Jamaican Prime Minister Andrew Holness and other Caribbean leaders planning to meet with United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, criticising...
Founding member of the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR), J. Paul Morgan, has died. Morgan, who served in the capacity of deputy director general of the organisation before ascending to the rank of director general, had more than 40 years of...
Anglican Archbishop of the West Indies, the Reverend Dr Howard Gregory, said that everything should be done to safeguard the credibility of the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU), as well as its programmes, warning that “it may be necessary for...
WESTERN BUREAU: Four of five persons who were travelling from Portland to Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay were killed yesterday morning in a horrific mid-morning traffic collision along the Falmouth leg of the North Coast Highway,...
In early 2018, the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) was getting ready to engage a company to procure specialised materials for the construction of a new $701-million, three-storey student block at its main campus in east Kingston. Around the...
- Cricket fan electrocuted A cricket fan in St Lucia was electrocuted during a Caribbean Premier League (CPL) match between St. Lucia Zouks and Antigua Hawkbills at the Beausejour Ground Tuesday night, media reports have said. Julian Agard was electrocuted in the vicinity of... Read More
- Tenant hammers landlord to death 45-year-old Vidya Persad of Moulla Trace, Trinidad was beaten to death with a hammer during her attempts to evict a tenant yesterday. Persad who recently returned to Trinidad after living in Barbados for some time sought to confront the male tenant... Read More
- Fraud detected at JTA The Fraud Squad has been called in to probe the siphoning of funds at the Jamaica Teacher's Association, (JTA) following the discovery of massive fraud by auditors three weeks ago. The police were called in, after the area which housed the auditors... Read More
- Beres Hammond to receive OJ IN terms of hit songs and endurance, Beres Hammond's place among the great reggae singers is assured. Those qualities have earned the 60-year-old Hammond the Order of Jamaica (OJ) from the Jamaican government, which cited "his exceptional and... Read More
- Shelly and Hansel to be team leaders in Moscow Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Hansle Parchment have been named as captains for Jamaica's team to the IAAF World Championships in Athletics, which starts here on August 10 and comes to a close on August 18. The pair was selected by the management... Read More
- 13 year old kills family members in Brazil 13-year-old Marcelo Pesseghini shot and killed five members of his family before taking his own life after spending the entire day at school in Brazil. Investigators found the body of the teen's parents who are police officers, his grandmother and... Read More