Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Stephanie Lyew/Gleaner Writer Koffee came in with Rapture and the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album got captured. The reggae entertainer made history in becoming the first female solo act to win the Best Reggae Album award at the 62nd staging of...
The non-disclosure agreements that were signed by former members of the troubled Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) Council are to take centre stage at Cabinet today. Prime Minister Andrew Holness said yesterday that he was “shocked” at a Sunday...
In his most aggressive defence of his Government’s national security policies, Prime Minister Andrew Holness has asserted that his administration has a more effective long-term strategy in curbing violent crime than the Opposition People’s National...
- John Kerry congratulates Jamaica United States Secretary of State John Kerry has congratulated Jamaica on the celebration of its 51st year of its Independence, saying the US is proud to call Jamaica a partner and friend. In a statement on behalf of President Barack Obama and the... Read More
- Trial of 6 postponed The trial of six men charged with a massive drug find in St. Elizabeth failed to get underway Monday in the Santa Cruz Resident Magistrate's Court. When the matter came up it was pushed back to August 29 as there were other matters to be dealt with... Read More
- Mandela in arrears? Johannesburg officials have apologized to Nelson Mandela after he was sent a warning that his water and electricity could be cut off over an unpaid bill. They said the notice demanding payment of 6,468 rand should have been sent to a different house... Read More
- Homemade gun seized A homemade firearm and two rounds of ammunition were found in bushes in the vicinity of the pump house in Burnt Savannah St Elizabeth Monday. No one was arrested in connection with the discovery. The Lacovia police said that at about 5:30 pm... Read More
- Xyclone SINCE his song Back Pocket Rag hit a few months ago, deejay Xyclone has enjoyed a career upswing. Back Pocket Rag is distributed by VP Records subsidiary VPAL. Xyclone recently filmed the accompanying music video in Richmond, Virginia and Maryland.... Read More
- Warren Weir looks to spotlight Olympic 200m bronze medallist Warren Weir has been growing from strength to strength, and after last year's surprise podium finish in London, the Racers Track Club man has drawn his battle lines ahead of the IAAF World Championships in Athletics.... Read More