Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The head of the local returning residents’ association is raising the alarm over what he says is the slow progress in solving a number of murder cases involving Jamaicans who have returned to the country after settling abroad. In a letter to...
The Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) last week postponed the first post-Cabinet media briefing it had scheduled in four months. The announcement and then postponement came after Naomi Francis, press secretary in the OPM, told The Gleaner in late...
Chief Justice Bryan Sykes yesterday questioned the apparent ignorance of the lone cop implicated in the Uchence Wilson Gang as the trial continued at the downtown Kingston-based Home Circuit Court. In response to questions posed by Sykes, accused...
“Mommy, if you nuh come fi Sher, she a go dead in 10 minutes.” Those chilling words in a phone call jolted a Clarendon family into panic mode as a domestic dispute turned ugly in Osborne Store in the parish in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Their...
The Ministry of Education (MOE) last week failed to deliver on its promise to hand over millions in outstanding payments for the Career Advancement Programme (CAP) to Campion College. The matter came to public attention last Thursday, when a...
- 38 dead in Italy coach crash A coach has plunged off a flyover in southern Italy leaving at least 38 people dead in the country's worst road accident for decades. The coach hit several vehicles before smashing through a barrier and toppling down a steep slope near the town of... Read More
- Father Charles Brown still missing Investigators are to question two men who have been detained in connection with the disappearance of retired Roman Catholic priest, Charles Brown. The men were picked up Sunday afternoon by detectives who are searching for clues which could lead... Read More
- UDC treats children Approximately 400 children from various childcare and protective institutions in the Corporate Area were treated to a fun-filled day on July 25, 2013, by the UDC which continues to celebrate its 45th anniversary. The 33rd Annual Hellshire Summer Fun... Read More
- Warren Wier makes it happen in London Warren Weir continued his good form for the season by claiming victory in the men's 200m race at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games in London, England today. Weir won in a time of 19.89s while his Jamaican compatriot Jason Young was second in 19.99s... Read More
- Sydney Barlett speaks on 2013 celebrations Permanent Secretary in the Youth and Culture Ministry Sydney Barlett says the government’s allocation of $100 million on 2013 Emancipation and Independence celebrations is to stimulate revenues for businesses across Jamaica. Bartlett in a press... Read More
- Ananda Alert for Brandon Daley An Ananda Alert has been activated for 17-year-old Brandon Daley, of Dry River district, St Elizabeth, who has been missing since July 22. Brandon is of dark complexion, slim build and is about five-feet-four-inches tall.The Maggotty police reported... Read More