Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Former Prime Minister P.J. Patterson has proposed the establishment of a national security commission to help tackle the scourge of crime and violence across the country.Currently, there exists a National Security Council chaired by Prime Minister...
As far as achievements go, being appointed a senator in the Canadian Parliament is a huge deal for Jamaican,Dr Rosemary Moodie.She was appointed to the Senate by the Canadian Governor General Julie Payette on the advice of Prime Minister Justin...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has signalled his administration's intention of tapping the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) for competitive loan offerings to expand the country's creaking water-supply system."Just recently, president of the CDB,...
With Jamaica's youth unemployment rate just under 20 per cent, American Chamber of Commerce of Jamaica (AmCham) President Allison Peart believes something must be done to engage these individuals to make them productive members of society.Her...
Chartered accountants converged on the Sts Peter and Paul Church in St Andrew yesterday not to balance financial books, but to give praise to God in celebration of the 54th anniversary since the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica (ICAJ)...
- Met Service Extends Flash Flood Watch For All Parishes The Meteorological Service of Jamaica has extended its Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes until 5 o’clock this afternoon. It says a Stationary Front across the western Caribbean continues to produce unstable... Read More
- Alleged gangster shot dead in Montego Bay There was more bloodletting in Montego Bay St. James on Wednesday night, with Omar Lewis, an alleged gangster from Canterbury, being shot dead. Investigators say Lewis was gunned down about 8 o'clock in Catherine Hall. Police say Lewis had just... Read More
- Three former champions move closer to DaCosta Cup semis Former champions Rusea's along with St Elizabeth Technical, Dinthill and Holmwood Technical have all taken pivotal steps towards reaching the semi-finals of the ISSA Flow DaCosta Cup following Wednesday's penultimate series of matches in the quarter... Read More
- 325-pound woman charged for murder after sitting on 9-y-o girl A 325-pound Florida woman is charged with killing her nine-year-old cousin by sitting on the child as punishment. 64, Veronica Green Posey was arrested and charged with homicide and cruelty toward a child. Paramedics and deputies responded to the... Read More
- Reggae Boys up to places to 59 on FIFA Ladder Jamaica’s Reggae Boys moved up two places to 59th in the latest FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings. Jamaica remains the top team in the English speaking Caribbean and fifth in Concacaf. Caribbean neighbors Trinidad and Tobago who sent USA packing from... Read More
- Seven charged for lottery scamming The Major Organised Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) is reporting that seven people who were two weeks ago arrested during an operation in sections of St James and Westmoreland, have been charged for lottery scamming. Reports are that on... Read More