Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Minister Audley Shaw has announced plans to establish a micro stock exchange, to complement the junior stock exchange. Shaw says the micro stock exchange will target micro and medium enterprises...
Industry and Commerce Minister Audley Shaw has disclosed that the Government is now in the process of engaging technical consultants to assess the feasibility of utilising unclaimed funds held by financial institutions as a financing option for the...
The Supreme Court has ordered the reinstatement of a career public servant who was "retired" as head of the state-run Court Management Services (CMS) by Governor General Sir Patrick Allen after she was given permission to pursue further studies.The...
It is likely that charges could be laid against a disgruntled licensed firearm holder who brandished his gun inside the National Commercial Bank (NCB) in Half-Way Tree yesterday, allegedly pointing it at security personnel.According to Dahlia...
It is Kelly Magnus' dream to build a culture of reading in the six inner-city communities in which the Fight for Peace Foundation operates. Now, with the receipt of a grant from the American Friends of Jamaica (AFJ), she expects that her dream will...
- 269 killed in road crashes so far this year The lastest figures show that 269 people have been killed on the Jamaica's roads since the start of the year. The figure is a 15 per cent reduction when compared to the similar period last year. The Road Safety Unit is predicting a 10 per cent... Read More
- Medical Doctor Jephthah Ford To Be Sentenced Today On Corruption Conviction Well-known medical doctor, Jephthah Ford, is scheduled to be sentenced today following his conviction on corruption charges. In August, Ford was convicted on two counts of attempting to pervert the course of justice. He was convicted for offering a... Read More
- Met Service Extends Flash Flood Watch For All Parishes The Meteorological Service of Jamaica has extended its Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes until 5 o’clock this afternoon. It says a Stationary Front across the western Caribbean continues to produce unstable... Read More
- Alleged gangster shot dead in Montego Bay There was more bloodletting in Montego Bay St. James on Wednesday night, with Omar Lewis, an alleged gangster from Canterbury, being shot dead. Investigators say Lewis was gunned down about 8 o'clock in Catherine Hall. Police say Lewis had just... Read More
- Three former champions move closer to DaCosta Cup semis Former champions Rusea's along with St Elizabeth Technical, Dinthill and Holmwood Technical have all taken pivotal steps towards reaching the semi-finals of the ISSA Flow DaCosta Cup following Wednesday's penultimate series of matches in the quarter... Read More
- 325-pound woman charged for murder after sitting on 9-y-o girl A 325-pound Florida woman is charged with killing her nine-year-old cousin by sitting on the child as punishment. 64, Veronica Green Posey was arrested and charged with homicide and cruelty toward a child. Paramedics and deputies responded to the... Read More