Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
It was the merit awards ceremony for 176 outstanding students of the St Mary Technical High School last Wednesday, but a 45-year-old step-parent got the loudest applause and the only standing ovation.Top achiever Trevesha Watson, 17, overcome with...
Sexting is a major online activity for a high percentage of Jamaica's teenagers, a new study by the University of Technology (UTech) has revealed.According to the findings, 60 per cent of students across several grade levels acknowledged receiving...
The countdown to Black Friday, arguably the biggest shopping day of the year globally, has officially begun and is the perfect opportunity to get your hands on some of the best deals, as retailers promise to heavily slash prices on a wide range of...
Chief Justice Bryan Sykes has ordered the parties involved in the trial for three more cops implicated in a so-called Clarendon 'police death squad' to be prepared to start the proceedings next Monday, denying the prosecution's request for a new...
WESTERN BUREAU:Gregory Roberts, one of the two men charged with murder in relation to last year's stabbing death of schoolgirl Shineka Gray, will have to wait until November 26 to hear whether his request to be tried outside the parish of St James...
- Reggae Boys up to places to 59 on FIFA Ladder Jamaica’s Reggae Boys moved up two places to 59th in the latest FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings. Jamaica remains the top team in the English speaking Caribbean and fifth in Concacaf. Caribbean neighbors Trinidad and Tobago who sent USA packing from... Read More
- Seven charged for lottery scamming The Major Organised Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) is reporting that seven people who were two weeks ago arrested during an operation in sections of St James and Westmoreland, have been charged for lottery scamming. Reports are that on... Read More
- Reggae Artist Leroy Gibbons shot and wounded Police are investigating the circumstances under which Reggae Artist Leroy Gibbons was shot and wounded by gunmen on Port Henderson Road popularly called back road in Portmore St Catherine this morning. Gibbons who underwent a surgery is... Read More
- Denham Town declared second Zone of Special Operations Government has declared Denham Town in West Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform Act. The announcement was made by Police Commissioner George Quallo at a press conference at Jamaica House this morning. He said 12... Read More
- Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March Reggae Peace Ambassador D-Medz will lead Clarendonians in a walk for peace dubbed the Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March on Monday, October 16, National Heroe’s Day in the Clarendon capital, May Pen. The Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March will start... Read More
- Third escapee from Linstead lock-up recaptured The police have now recaptured three of the six prisoners, who escaped from lock-up at the Linstead Police Station in St Catherine on Wednesday. The third man — 28-year-old Ezroy Cohen, who was charged with burglary and rape — was held yesterday... Read More