Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
n Clubs and fast food restaurants: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.n Bars and other places that need a tavern licence: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.n Gas stations: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.n Supermarkets, grocery stores, wholesales: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.n Pharmacies: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.n...
WESTERN BUREAU:As violence against the island's children rises to increasingly disturbing levels, National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang says the brutality that is beginning to emerge is particularly worrying.At least 35 children have been...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has vowed that the Government will use every legal tool at its disposal to erode the capacity of criminals to spread mayhem across the island.Addressing a hastily called press conference at Jamaica House yesterday to...
The leadership of the security forces has sought to allay fears that motorists in the Corporate Area, already dealing with traffic snarls because of three sets of major roadwork, could face further delays today with check points erected in...
The state of emergency (SOE) in sections of the Corporate Area, which was declared yesterday morning by Prime Minister Andrew Holness, has already turned out results as the security forces have removed three firearms from the possession of criminals...
- US gov't donates auxiliary vessels to JDF The US government has donated four auxiliary vessels with supplies and equipment to the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF). According to the US Embassy of Jamaica, two 38-foot Defender Safe Boats and two 37-foot Justice Boston Whalers have been donated.... Read More
- Multi-sectoral crime plan to be launched by PM The Government is promising to shortly unveil a multi-sectoral plan aimed at tackling the country's crime problem. Prime Minister Andrew Holness is scheduled to address the nation, during which he will provide details. National Security Minister... Read More
- Senior Citizen Found Floating In River In Pennants, Clarendon The body of 70-year-old Whitfield Burrell, a farmer of Pennants district in Clarendon, was discovered by residents floating in the Thomas River in the community about 7 yesterday morning. The police were summoned and the body taken to Chapelton... Read More
- Flash Flood Watch Extended For Low-Lying And Flood-Prone Areas Persons living in low-lying and flood-prone areas are being encouraged to remain on the alert. The Meteorological Service has further extended the Flash Flood Watch for these communities. The alert remains in place until 5 this afternoon. The Met... Read More
- Alia Atkinson splashes up two gold at FINA/Air Weave Swimming World Cup Jamaica’s two time Olympic swimming finalist Alia Atkinson splashed up two gold medals at the 2017 FINA/Air Weave Swimming World Cup in Hong Kong on the weekend. This is after she won the women’s 100 metres breaststroke on Saturday and then returned... Read More
- Las Vegas shooting: At least 58 dead at Mandalay Bay Hotel Fifty-eight people are now known to have been killed in a mass shooting at an open air concert in Las Vegas while another 515 were wounded. Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said that the number of people who have died associated with this event has... Read More