Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A split in the deadly Clansman gang has been playing out violently across sections of the St Catherine North Police Division and is believed to be the main driver behind a 60 per cent increase in murders in the area since the start of this year.With...
Three wanted persons were among a group of more than 60 men picked up by the police in St Catherine yesterday, following Prime Minister Andrew Holness' declaration of a state of public emergency in the St Catherine North Police Division.The state of...
The agitated Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) will today decide whether to accept the latest wage offer from the Government, even as there is a rush to pay back millions in retroactive sums which, according to the Government, cannot be delayed...
New police commissioner could look to the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) to bolster his management team as he takes office.There is growing speculation that former head of the JDF, Major General Antony Anderson, will look to his former colleagues for...
Operating hours for businesses and other establishments in sections of the St Catherine North Police Division, where a state of public emergency was declared yesterday, have been adjustedin keeping with stipulations under the enhanced security...
- It's by-election day in Jamaica It's Election Day in the constituency of St. Andrew North Western and the Norman Gardens Division in Kingston Eastern and Port Royal. The People's National Party's Keisha Hayle and the Jamaica Labour Party's Dr. Nigel Clarke are vying to become the... Read More
- Education Ministry Undertaking PEP Teacher Training The Education Ministry says its Student Assessment Unit is conducting island-wide training of assessment coordinators as it ramps up preparation for the implementation of the new Primary Exit Profile (PEP). PEP forms part of the new series of... Read More
- Justice Bryan Sykes sworn in as chief justice Justice Bryan Sykes was a short while ago sworn in as Chief Justice of Jamaica. The swearing in of Sykes marked the end of more than a month-long appointment as acting chief justice in January, which sparked fury in some circles, mainly legal. It... Read More
- "Fresh Princess" coming soon The internet has been buzzing with news that the Fresh Prince of Bel Air is about to be dethroned by a princess. Fans of the hit '90s show are being told to brace for a 21st century burst of girl power after the company that owns the rights to the... Read More
- Trump at odds with Republican lawmakers over gun reforms US President Donald Trump has stunned lawmakers from both parties by accusing them of being "petrified" of the National Rifle Association (NRA). In a break from his party's anti-gun control stance, Mr Trump urged lawmakers during a televised meeting... Read More
- Unidentified man shot dead in Gregory Park The body of an unidentified male was found with gunshot wounds along the Gregory Park main road in St Catherine last night, shortly after residents reportedly heard explosions in the area, the police said. It is of dark complexion, medium built,... Read More