- Medical Doctor Jephthah Ford To Be Sentenced Today On Corruption Conviction Well-known medical doctor, Jephthah Ford, is scheduled to be sentenced today following his conviction on corruption charges. In August, Ford was convicted on two counts of attempting to pervert the course of justice. He was convicted for offering a... Read More
- Met Service Extends Flash Flood Watch For All Parishes The Meteorological Service of Jamaica has extended its Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes until 5 o’clock this afternoon. It says a Stationary Front across the western Caribbean continues to produce unstable... Read More
- Alleged gangster shot dead in Montego Bay There was more bloodletting in Montego Bay St. James on Wednesday night, with Omar Lewis, an alleged gangster from Canterbury, being shot dead. Investigators say Lewis was gunned down about 8 o'clock in Catherine Hall. Police say Lewis had just... Read More
- Three former champions move closer to DaCosta Cup semis Former champions Rusea's along with St Elizabeth Technical, Dinthill and Holmwood Technical have all taken pivotal steps towards reaching the semi-finals of the ISSA Flow DaCosta Cup following Wednesday's penultimate series of matches in the quarter... Read More
- 325-pound woman charged for murder after sitting on 9-y-o girl A 325-pound Florida woman is charged with killing her nine-year-old cousin by sitting on the child as punishment. 64, Veronica Green Posey was arrested and charged with homicide and cruelty toward a child. Paramedics and deputies responded to the... Read More
- Reggae Boys up to places to 59 on FIFA Ladder Jamaica’s Reggae Boys moved up two places to 59th in the latest FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings. Jamaica remains the top team in the English speaking Caribbean and fifth in Concacaf. Caribbean neighbors Trinidad and Tobago who sent USA packing from... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has declared a state of emergency limited to St James. It coincides with an increase in violence including murders and shootings. The latest incidents occurred three hours apart near the round-a-bout to the Sangster...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has declared a state of emergency in St James. This means that extraordinary powers have been given to the security forces and some rights have been suspended. Members of the security forces may also search places without a warrant.
Four sets of siblings who were temporarily displaced after a fire destroyed the Walker's Place of Safety on Monday night are living together once again in three children's homes across the Corporate Area.The hellish blaze at the Lyndhurst Crescent,...
Justice Minister Delroy Chuck has admitted that he has concerns about the disparity in the punishment being handed down by High Court judges even as one of the country's top attorneys rushed to their defence.Chuck's admission comes as the judiciary...
After failing to account for how it spent $218 million in advance payment from the Ministry of National Security to import 200 pre-owned motor vehicles for the police force, the ministry revealed that it has partially terminated the controversial...