Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
BLACK HILL, Portland: A Titchfield High schoolboy was killed and 23 children hospitalised when a 15-seater bus with almost double its capacity plunged over a precipice along the Black Hill main road in Portland yesterday afternoon. A female...
Five weeks after a controversial $9-million donation from Petrojam hit the bank account of the Sydenham Citizens’ Association, nearly all the cash was removed in nine withdrawals of $900,000 each, a Gleaner investigation has revealed. The donation...
Following a ruling by the director of public prosecutions that they be charged last Friday, corporals Kirk Fraser and Ramone Scott were yesterday remanded when they made their first appearance in the downtown Kingston-based Home Circuit Court. The...
Reputed gang leader Uchence Wilson was yesterday heard in an audio recording pleading with police personnel for his then girlfriend, accused Shantol Gordon, to not face criminal charges, claiming that she had no knowledge of alleged criminal...
Police and road-safety experts are hoping that the new Road Traffic Act will drive fear into deviant motorists, whipping them into line by making traffic tickets a greater deterrent to dangerous driving practices. With the police issuing more than...
- East Kingston Police Find 60 Rounds In Toilet Tank The police are reporting that a team assigned to the Kingston East division found several rounds of ammunition while on a patrol on Dorset Avenue in Kingston 3 yesterday, Tuesday, April 30.Reports are that about 5:00 pm a black plastic bag... Read More
- Two Men Shot Dead In St James The police are reporting that two men were killed in St James in two separate incidents yesterday, hours before Prime Minister Andrew Holness declared a state of public emergency in that parish as well as Hanover and Westmoreland. In the first... Read More
- UCASE Withdraws Strike Notice On JPS The Union of Clerical, Administrative and Supervisory Employees (UCASE) says it has withdrawn the 72-hour strike notice it issued on the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) last Friday after it was summoned to a meeting with the Ministry of Labour... Read More
- It's Portmore Again Portmore United defended their Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) title after clipping Waterhouse FC 1-0 in a cantankerous encounter highlighted by an ugly and embarrassing bottle-throwing incident inside National Stadium on Monday Night. But... Read More
- Romania Tornado Overturns Bus And Leaves 12 Hurt Several people were injured when a tornado barrelled through southern Romania, forcing a bus off the road and overturning it in a nearby field. Twelve people on the bus were hurt and one passenger was treated for severe trauma, local reports... Read More
- Barbados And Trinidad, Shaken By 4.2 Quake An earthquake, with a magnitude of 4.2 rattled Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago, the Trinidad-based Seismic Research Centre (SRC) of the University of the West Indies has reported on Wednesday. It said that there were no immediate reports of... Read More