Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
An unwavering commitment to service and betterment of the less fortunate. That was the defining characteristic of Dr Kenneth Baugh, whether he was at home in the role of husband and father, in the operating theatre as a gifted surgeon, or on the...
If it were up to Asif Ahmad, the British high commissioner to Jamaica, citizens of the former British colony would no longer require a visa to travel to the United Kingdom (UK). But since the legal requirement is out of his hands, the country will...
In an effort to boost its efforts in helping the police crack more cases, Crime Stop has created a website dedicated to collecting tips. The website – 311tips.com – allows persons to anonymously submit tips in the form of text, photos, and videos...
Business operators in both Clarendon and St Catherine are pleased with the announcement by National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang that opening hours under the state of public emergency in the parishes will be extended to 11 pm. The operators...
Melanie Schwapp, the only daughter among three children for Kenneth and Vilma Baugh, yesterday used a tribute to her father to also pay homage to their mother. The two had been together as man and wife for 54 years until the death of the former...
- Cuba Legalises Private Wi-Fi, Importation Of Routers Cuba is legalising private Wi-Fi networks and the importation of equipment like routers, eliminating one of the world's tightest restrictions on Internet use. The measure announced by state media Wednesday provides a legal status to thousands... Read More
- Flash Flood Watch For Eastern & South-Central Parishes The Meteorological (Met) Service of Jamaica has issued a flash flood watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of Portland, St Mary, Kingston and St Andrew, St Catherine, Clarendon and Manchester. This will remain in effect until 5:00 pm today... Read More
- Damaged Pipe Causes Water Lock Off In Jacks Hill And Environs The National Water Commission (NWC) is advising its customers that a damaged section of pipeline along the transmission main has forced a shutdown of the Cookhamdene water supply facility in St Andrew. The company said that customers in Jacks... Read More
- 16-y-o St Elizabeth Girl Missing Sixteen-year-old Sherena Myrie of Newcombe Village in St Elizabeth has been missing since Monday, May 27. Sherena is of brown complexion, slim build and is about 5 feet 9 inches tall. Reports from the Pedro Plain Police are that Sherena... Read More
- Wadadah Edge Baptiste Alliance 2-1 In JFF Play-Offs Wadadah Football Club snapped a 19-game winless run in the Jamaica Football Federation Premier League Play-offs, with a come-from-behind 2-1 win over 10-man Baptiste Alliance at Jarrett Park on Saturday. Despite a much improved showing from... Read More
- Israel Faces Possible Second Election Amid Coalition Crisis Israel’s parliament on Monday passed a preliminary motion to dissolve itself. The move further pushed the country toward an unprecedented political impasse, less than two months after elections seemed to promise Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a... Read More