- Seven charged for lottery scamming The Major Organised Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) is reporting that seven people who were two weeks ago arrested during an operation in sections of St James and Westmoreland, have been charged for lottery scamming. Reports are that on... Read More
- Reggae Artist Leroy Gibbons shot and wounded Police are investigating the circumstances under which Reggae Artist Leroy Gibbons was shot and wounded by gunmen on Port Henderson Road popularly called back road in Portmore St Catherine this morning. Gibbons who underwent a surgery is... Read More
- Denham Town declared second Zone of Special Operations Government has declared Denham Town in West Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform Act. The announcement was made by Police Commissioner George Quallo at a press conference at Jamaica House this morning. He said 12... Read More
- Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March Reggae Peace Ambassador D-Medz will lead Clarendonians in a walk for peace dubbed the Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March on Monday, October 16, National Heroe’s Day in the Clarendon capital, May Pen. The Nuh Falla Bad Company Peace March will start... Read More
- Third escapee from Linstead lock-up recaptured The police have now recaptured three of the six prisoners, who escaped from lock-up at the Linstead Police Station in St Catherine on Wednesday. The third man — 28-year-old Ezroy Cohen, who was charged with burglary and rape — was held yesterday... Read More
- US gov't donates auxiliary vessels to JDF The US government has donated four auxiliary vessels with supplies and equipment to the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF). According to the US Embassy of Jamaica, two 38-foot Defender Safe Boats and two 37-foot Justice Boston Whalers have been donated.... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Prime Minister Andrew Holness this afternoon declared a state of public emergency for the parish of St James. It’s in response to rampant criminality including murders and shooting in the parish. Last year, St James recorded 335 murders, the...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has declared a state of emergency in St James. This means that extraordinary powers have been given to the security forces and some rights have been suspended. Members of the security forces may also search places without a warrant.
Prime Minister Andrew Holness has declared a state of emergency limited to St James. It coincides with an increase in violence including murders and shootings. The latest incidents occurred three hours apart near the round-a-bout to the Sangster...
Justice Minister Delroy Chuck has admitted that he has concerns about the disparity in the punishment being handed down by High Court judges even as one of the country's top attorneys rushed to their defence.Chuck's admission comes as the judiciary...
After failing to account for how it spent $218 million in advance payment from the Ministry of National Security to import 200 pre-owned motor vehicles for the police force, the ministry revealed that it has partially terminated the controversial...