Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A bust-up at Homestead Primary School in St Catherine has left a student and the principal reportedly nursing injuries. It is alleged that the student had to seek medical attention following the altercation for injuries including swelling to the...
There is political unrest in the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) as delegates in St Thomas Eastern have voiced disapproval of the prospective candidate being promoted by the hierarchy to vie in the next general election. Scores of placard-bearing...
Security has been boosted at Eltham High School in St Catherine after armed men stormed the compound on Monday. The breach was triggered by a dispute between two students, one of whom left the property and returned with other attackers. Additional...
Independent auditors have called for immediate corrective action to fix a raft of issues identified during an investigation into the dysfunctional wastewater treatment plant at the Savanna-la-Mar Hospital, The Gleaner understands. Health and...
BRIDGETOWN (Barbados Nation): Phone calls and data access are set to become much cheaper in the Caribbean. Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley, in her maiden speech as incoming chairman of CARICOM, yesterday revealed that the region’s first across-the-...
- Protesters Trample Chinese Flag Protesters in Hong Kong have trampled a Chinese flag, vandalised a subway station and set fire across a wide street, as pro-democracy demonstrations took a violent turn once again. Sunday’s action began peacefully, as protesters filled a... Read More
- Phillips To Announce Shadow Cabinet Next Week People’s National Party (PNP) president Dr. Peter Phillips has indicated that by the end of next week he will announce the members of the new shadow cabinet. Phillips admitted that he has not yet given “detailed and sustained” thought to the... Read More
- Jamaica And United Arab Emirates Sign Visa Waiver Agreement Jamaica has signed a Visa Waiver Agreement with the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Under the agreement, holders of diplomatic and official passports will not need visas while ordinary Jamaican passport holders, may apply online. At the same... Read More
- New Medical Lab Opens In Christiana Residents of Christiana, Manchester and its environs now have the benefit of a new medical laboratory, which has been built in the town at a cost of over $20 million. The facility's establishment resulted from a collaboration involving the... Read More
- Briana Williams Anti-Doping Hearing, Begins Today It will be a nerve-racking three days for young Briana Williams, as her in-camera anti-doping case starts today.It concludes on Wednesday, but because of its private nature, authorities have refused to identify the location for the hearing. The... Read More
- Travel Chaos And Jobs Lost, As UK Firm Thomas Cook Collapses British travel firm Thomas Cook collapsed into bankruptcy on Monday, leaving some 600,000 holiday-makers stranded, and sparking the UK's biggest re-patriation since World War II. The 178-year-old debt-plagued group, which had struggled against... Read More