- Multi-sectoral crime plan to be launched by PM The Government is promising to shortly unveil a multi-sectoral plan aimed at tackling the country's crime problem. Prime Minister Andrew Holness is scheduled to address the nation, during which he will provide details. National Security Minister... Read More
- Senior Citizen Found Floating In River In Pennants, Clarendon The body of 70-year-old Whitfield Burrell, a farmer of Pennants district in Clarendon, was discovered by residents floating in the Thomas River in the community about 7 yesterday morning. The police were summoned and the body taken to Chapelton... Read More
- Flash Flood Watch Extended For Low-Lying And Flood-Prone Areas Persons living in low-lying and flood-prone areas are being encouraged to remain on the alert. The Meteorological Service has further extended the Flash Flood Watch for these communities. The alert remains in place until 5 this afternoon. The Met... Read More
- Alia Atkinson splashes up two gold at FINA/Air Weave Swimming World Cup Jamaica’s two time Olympic swimming finalist Alia Atkinson splashed up two gold medals at the 2017 FINA/Air Weave Swimming World Cup in Hong Kong on the weekend. This is after she won the women’s 100 metres breaststroke on Saturday and then returned... Read More
- Las Vegas shooting: At least 58 dead at Mandalay Bay Hotel Fifty-eight people are now known to have been killed in a mass shooting at an open air concert in Las Vegas while another 515 were wounded. Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said that the number of people who have died associated with this event has... Read More
- 44 families get keys to new St Catherine homes Forty-four beneficiaries received keys to their new homes at the National Housing Trust’s Berkshire Court housing development located on Brunswick Avenue in St Catherine last Friday. Prime Minister Andrew Holness led the handover of the keys to the... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Superintendent Robert Walker, who was blamed for the gridlock that shut down access to Norman Manley International Airport on New Year's Day because of the party dubbed Sandz, was yesterday removed as the head of the East Kingston Police Division....
Experts are expressing alarm after discovering that in 2017, close to 33,000 children ages 10-19 years, were diagnosed with elevated blood pressure due to obesity.Professor Alafia Samuels, director of the George Alleyne Chronic Disease Research...
Dozens of persons who were convicted for illegal possession of guns and ammunition in St James and three other western parishes last year got off easy, as High Court judges opted for suspended sentences and fines as low as $70,000, an explosive...
She was so close.As Annakay Moreland waited anxiously for the clock to strike midnight to signal her 17th birthday, so, too, did her peers and caregivers who had big plans."We the staff and the children were planning to sing happy birthday, probably...
A caregiver at Walker's Place of Safety for seven years, Jacqueline Gutzmore, was a dejected woman yesterday morning as she stared into space for long periods nearby the premises of the fire-gutted facility at the intersection of Lyndhurst Road and...