- OJ Simpson released on parole from Nevada jail The former American football star and actor OJ Simpson has been released on parole after nine years in a Nevada jail. He had been serving time for armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and 10 other charges over a 2007 confrontation at a Las... Read More
- Science ministry spearheads islandwide renewable energy survey The Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology says it has engaged Business Research and Agricultural Consultants (BRAC) to prepare a renewable energy penetration survey throughout Jamaica. In a press advertisement published yesterday the... Read More
- Las Vegas shooting: Stephen Paddock kills over 50 people More than 50 people have been killed and hundreds injured in a mass shooting at a Las Vegas concert. A gunman, named as 64-year-old Nevada resident Stephen Paddock, opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel towards an open-air music... Read More
- October 30 date for by-elections Prime Minister Andrew Holness has named Monday, October 30 as the date for three long-awaited parliamentary by-elections. Nomination Day for the polls will be on Monday, October 9. Holness made the announcement on Sunday evening at a mass meeting of... Read More
- Two Arrested In Clarendon Cocaine Bust The Narcotics Police arrested two men for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act in Clarendon earlier this week. Reports are that about 10:30 Monday night, Narcotics Detectives were conducting anti-narcotics operations in the parish, when they... Read More
- Caribbean Netball Tourney cancelled The 2017 Senior Caribbean Netball Tournament, which was scheduled for October 9-15 in St Lucia, has been cancelled. The decision was taken on Thursday by International Netball Federation. A release issued stated that "due to the... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
WESTERN BUREAU:Despite having to put some ofits own programmes on hold,the Montego Bay-based West Jamaica Conference (WJC) of Seventh-day Adventists will continue to house several dislocated departments from the Cornwall Regional Hospital (CRH)...
Drink products bearing the label Portland Best have been found to contain an unusually high amount of bacteria that could be harmful to humans if consumed. As such, the Portland Health Department has ordered the closure of the bottling facility,...
The "ridiculous" disparity in the sentence handed down by two High Court judges to four men who were held in Portland nearly five years ago with an arsenal of 18 illegal guns and a "bucketload" of ammunition has triggered demands for an explanation...
"Come here, mi baby!"That was how 44-year-old Doreen Dyer greeted her teenage daughter when she arrived at the Morant Bay Parish Court in St Thomas yesterday for a hearing after being charged with cruelty to child last year.Dyer caught the attention...
Political Ombudsman Donna Parchment Brown said that the time has come for the Political Code of Conduct, endorsed by the People's National Party and the Jamaica Labour Party, to be given teeth through effective legislation."It is time for us to say...