Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Nearly $100 million in cash, including $68 million taken from two suspected South African 'money mules', was turned over to the Government's coffers in the first five months of the current fiscal year.During the same period, the Financial...
Morant Bay, St Thomas:1. Tiffany DeCambre, Airy Castle Primary2. Nyameke Bennett, Providence Preparatory3. Dessania Mathews, White Horses Primary4. Jaheim Simpson, Middleton Primary5. Shamoya Brown, Providence PreparatoryTop Boy: Nyameke Bennett,...
Concerns are being raised in the education sector about few or no alternatives to bulla cakes and other high-sugar products following their withdrawal from public schools.Education Minister Ruel Reid, while addressing the 54th Jamaica Teachers'...
There were tense moments for passengers of a Coaster bus along Industrial Terrace in Kingston yesterday, as members of the security forces operating under the state of public emergency discovered two gym bags, one knapsack and one 'scandal' bag full...
WESTERN BUREAU:Tears flowed at Herbert Morrison Technical High School in Montego Bay, St James yesterday as the school family - including the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), Past Students' Association (PSA) and friends of the school - came...
- J$50m Upgrade For MoBay Transport Centre The Montego Bay Transport Centre, which has been in a state of disrepair for some time, is to be upgraded at a cost of $50 million as part of a renovation and development project, which is aimed at putting the facility back into an acceptable state... Read More
- Usain Bolt announces he has signed for football club Triple world record holder Usain Bolt, says he has agreed to sign for a football club. Bolt, brought his career to an end following the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London. The 31 year old has always spoken of his desire to play football once... Read More
- St Catherine records more than 30 cases of dengue fever this year The St Catherine Public Health Department has expressed concern that at least 30 cases of dengue fever have been reported in the parish since the start of the year. Reports are that the most affected parts of the parish is that of the municipality... Read More
- Police High Command launches 90-day anti-crime initiative The Police High Command has launched a major offensive against criminal gangs and gang leaders behind the rising violence across the country. The 90-day anti-crime initiative was launched last week. Under the crackdown, the police have also launched... Read More
- Jamaicans End Historic Bobsled Show At Winter Olympics Jamaica's first ever female bobsleigh team to compete in a Winter Olympics finished 19th out of 20 participating countries in the bobsleigh event in Pyeongchang, Korea today. The team placed one spot higher than the Nigerians who were also competing... Read More
- Veteran actress recovering after surgery Actress Rosie Murray is at home recovering from a recent surgery following a heart attack she suffered in December. Murray's operation was made possible thanks to an initiative launched by her son on the website GoFundMe. The goal was to... Read More