Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The head of the local returning residents’ association is raising the alarm over what he says is the slow progress in solving a number of murder cases involving Jamaicans who have returned to the country after settling abroad. In a letter to...
The Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) last week postponed the first post-Cabinet media briefing it had scheduled in four months. The announcement and then postponement came after Naomi Francis, press secretary in the OPM, told The Gleaner in late...
Chief Justice Bryan Sykes yesterday questioned the apparent ignorance of the lone cop implicated in the Uchence Wilson Gang as the trial continued at the downtown Kingston-based Home Circuit Court. In response to questions posed by Sykes, accused...
“Mommy, if you nuh come fi Sher, she a go dead in 10 minutes.” Those chilling words in a phone call jolted a Clarendon family into panic mode as a domestic dispute turned ugly in Osborne Store in the parish in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Their...
The Ministry of Education (MOE) last week failed to deliver on its promise to hand over millions in outstanding payments for the Career Advancement Programme (CAP) to Campion College. The matter came to public attention last Thursday, when a...
- National Security Minister Dr. Horace Chang In Motor Vehicle Crash National Security Minister Dr Horace Chang was in motor vehicle crash in Grants Pen, St Andrew Wednesday morning.He was rushed to hospital to undergo tests.His close protection security officer was also injured and is receiving treatment.The... Read More
- Teen Killed In Triple Shooting Near 'Price Rite' Businesses on Chancery Street near Meadowbrook in St Andrew were forced to close early yesterday in the wake of a gun attack that claimed the life of a 19-year-old man. The incident occurred in the vicinity of the Meadowvale Seventh-day... Read More
- JUTC Bus Destroyed By Fire In Half-Way Tree A Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) bus was destroyed by fire in Half-Way Tree, St.Andrew on Tuesday evening.Reports are that about 6:00 p.m., commuters saw smoke coming from the bus and raised an alarm. Soon after the alarm was raised, the... Read More
- SDC Community T20 Cricket Gets $40m Boost from Wray & Nephew The Social Development Commission (SDC) and Wray & Nephew National Community T20 Cricket Competition, endorsed by the Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA), bowls off this Saturday, promising to bring communities closer together while sharing... Read More
- US Military Reports Major Spike In Sex Assaults The US military has reported a major spike in sexual assaults, despite years of efforts to address the problem. Figures show 20,500 instances of unwanted sexual contact, occurred in 2018, up from 14,900 in 2016 which is the last time a survey... Read More
- Mother And Son Charged With Illegal Possession Of Firearm A man and his mother, who were detained in Clarendon on Sunday, following the seizure of two illegal firearms, ammunition as well as compressed ganja have been charged.Demar Palmer, 28 and Brendalee Roach,50, have been charged with... Read More