- Razor B wins big at CME Awards Dancehall artiste Razor B is upbeat about his recent win at the Caribbean Music & Entertainment Awards (CME). He won the awards Reggae Exclusive Trailblazer and International Reggae Artiste. The awards were handed out on Sunday, September 24 at... Read More
- US 'to pull staff from Cuba over attacks' The US is to pull most of its staff from its embassy in Cuba, after reports that staff suffered "sonic attacks". The US is withdrawing about 60% of its embassy staff in response to attacks on diplomats. It is also warning Americans not to visit the... Read More
- Man Burnt To Death In Trelawny Crash A man was burnt beyond recognition after the car he was driving crashed and burst into flames early this morning on the Salt Marsh main road in Trelawny. Head of Operations at the Police Traffic Division, Superintendent Courtney Cubrie, says the... Read More
- Teen stabbed to death with scissors in NYC high school A Bronx student stabbed a classmate to death with a pair of scissors and seriously injured another inside their high school this morning. Investigators believe an 18-year-old plunged the tool into a 15- and 16-year-old around 10:50 a.m. on campus.... Read More
- Windies women begin bid in October to qualify for ICC World Cup Defending World Twenty20 champions West Indies women begin their bid for direct qualification to the ICC Women's World Cup 2021, when they host Sri Lanka women for a three match ODI series and three Twenty20 Internationals in October. The three ODI’... Read More
- Saudi women 'to be allowed driving licences' Saudi Arabia is to allow women to drive for the first time. King Salman had issued a decree allowing women to be given driving licences. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that has forbidden women from driving. The decree has ordered that... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
WESTERN BUREAU:Despite having to put some ofits own programmes on hold,the Montego Bay-based West Jamaica Conference (WJC) of Seventh-day Adventists will continue to house several dislocated departments from the Cornwall Regional Hospital (CRH)...
Drink products bearing the label Portland Best have been found to contain an unusually high amount of bacteria that could be harmful to humans if consumed. As such, the Portland Health Department has ordered the closure of the bottling facility,...
The "ridiculous" disparity in the sentence handed down by two High Court judges to four men who were held in Portland nearly five years ago with an arsenal of 18 illegal guns and a "bucketload" of ammunition has triggered demands for an explanation...
"Come here, mi baby!"That was how 44-year-old Doreen Dyer greeted her teenage daughter when she arrived at the Morant Bay Parish Court in St Thomas yesterday for a hearing after being charged with cruelty to child last year.Dyer caught the attention...
Political Ombudsman Donna Parchment Brown said that the time has come for the Political Code of Conduct, endorsed by the People's National Party and the Jamaica Labour Party, to be given teeth through effective legislation."It is time for us to say...