Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The head of the local returning residents’ association is raising the alarm over what he says is the slow progress in solving a number of murder cases involving Jamaicans who have returned to the country after settling abroad. In a letter to...
The Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) last week postponed the first post-Cabinet media briefing it had scheduled in four months. The announcement and then postponement came after Naomi Francis, press secretary in the OPM, told The Gleaner in late...
Chief Justice Bryan Sykes yesterday questioned the apparent ignorance of the lone cop implicated in the Uchence Wilson Gang as the trial continued at the downtown Kingston-based Home Circuit Court. In response to questions posed by Sykes, accused...
“Mommy, if you nuh come fi Sher, she a go dead in 10 minutes.” Those chilling words in a phone call jolted a Clarendon family into panic mode as a domestic dispute turned ugly in Osborne Store in the parish in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Their...
The Ministry of Education (MOE) last week failed to deliver on its promise to hand over millions in outstanding payments for the Career Advancement Programme (CAP) to Campion College. The matter came to public attention last Thursday, when a...
- Police Probe Massive Ammunition Find In St. James Warehouse A probe is in progress into a massive ammunition find at a warehouse in St. James.According to the police, 1,014 assorted rounds of ammunition were seized about noon yesterday at a warehouse in Montego Bay.It's reported that the police received... Read More
- SSP Bent Sent On Leave As Spanish Town Shooting Probe Deepens Head of the Police Mobile Reserve Senior Superintendent Terrence Bent has been sent on leave as the fallout from last Sunday's shooting incident in Spanish Town, St Catherine begins. Minister of National Security Dr Horace Chang made the... Read More
- Preparations In High Gear For JTA/Sagicor National Athletics Championships In May The Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA), in association with Sagicor Foundation, launched the 36th annual JTA/Sagicor National Athletics Championships at the JTA's Head Office in Kingston yesterday. The track and field meet, which has... Read More
- Uk Defence Minister Fired Over Huawei Leak Gavin Williamson has been sacked as defence secretary following an inquiry into a leak from a top-level National Security Council meeting.Downing Street said the PM had "lost confidence in his ability to serve" and Penny Mordaunt will take on the... Read More
- St Lucia PM Confirms Minister’s Resignation After Initial Denial Saint Lucia’s Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has accepted the resignation of the minister with responsibility for the public service, Dr Ubaldus Raymond, with immediate effect. The prime minister’s statement, April 29, came after nearly three weeks... Read More
- East Kingston Police Find 60 Rounds In Toilet Tank The police are reporting that a team assigned to the Kingston East division found several rounds of ammunition while on a patrol on Dorset Avenue in Kingston 3 yesterday, Tuesday, April 30.Reports are that about 5:00 pm a black plastic bag... Read More