Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Admitting that not enough investigative stories are being produced by local journalists, president of the Press Association of Jamaica (PAJ), George Davis, has pledged to create opportunities for media practitioners to expand investigative abilities...
The police have intensified their search for a group of men who allegedly shot and killed two residents in Annotto Bay, St Mary, Saturday night.Saturday night's attack increased the number of killings in the parish to four since Thursday.The latest...
The Andrew Holness administration is now crafting a programme through which $500 million will be spent to build "reasonable" housing solutions for the poor and indigent across the island.Further, Holness, the prime minister, signalled yesterday that...
Prime Minister Andrew Holness yesterday expressed disappointment that wage negotiations between the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) and the Government remain unresolved despite numerous meetings between the parties.Holness, speaking yesterday at...
Western Bureau:Chief Justice Bryan Sykes says he has seen encouraging signs that an investment of J$15 million to provide leadership training in the court system is beginning to bear fruit.Sykes made the announcement during his keynote address at...
- Ex-US gymnastics doc gets another 40-125 years in prison The former sports doctor whose serial sexual abuse of girls and young women has shaken the gymnastics world was sentenced today to a third prison term of 40 to 125 years behind bars for molesting young athletes at an elite Michigan training centre.... Read More
- St James Police Release List Of Eight Wanted Persons The St James police have compiled and released a new list of persons that they say are wanted for various crimes committed in the western parish. A female is included among the eight persons police are urging to report to the nearest police station... Read More
- London to host new World Cup London will host a new World Cup this summer featuring eight top nations including the United States and Jamaica. Britain, the United States, Poland, China, Germany, France, Jamaica and South Africa will compete at the London Stadium on July 14-15.... Read More
- Five hospitalized after car crashes in gully off Washington Blvd Five persons were rushed to hospital after the car in which they were travelling fell inside a gully off Washington Boulevard in St Andrew on Sunday. Details surrounding the injuries sustained by the driver and the passengers are unclear. The driver... Read More
- By-election for NW St Andrew - March 5 A by-election to fill a vacancy left in the constituency of St Andrew Northwestern following the resignation of the Jamaica Labour Party’s (JLP) Derrick Smith, will be held on March 5. Prime Minister Andrew Holness who made the announcement on... Read More
- Trump accuses FBI leadership amid row over memo US President Donald Trump has accused top officials of politicizing FBI and justice department investigations to damage his Republican party. Later today he is expected to approve the release of a memo that is thought to suggest the FBI abused its... Read More