Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Una-May Gordon, director of the climate change division in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, has dismissed as "premature" questions about the range of penalties/sanctions for persons or institutions that run afoul of the pending ban...
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade has confirmed that the governments of Jamaica and the United States (US) are in talks over a new information-sharing agreement, but has denied that there is a rift between the two countries....
Within a few weeks, motorists should experience an ease in the traffic congestion caused by the recent closure of the Portia Simpson Miller Square (Three Miles) in St Andrew, with the construction of a bypass road now under way.Yesterday, the...
Education minister Ruel Reid is seeking to allay the fears of the Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA) that the Government is set to change the operations of the well-respected National Council on Education.Since 1993, the National Council on...
Years after it was first proposed, the Jamaica Teaching Council Bill - which will provide for the establishment of a governing body for the profession as well as a regime for the licensing and registration of all government-paid teachers - is now...
- Ex-US gymnastics doc gets another 40-125 years in prison The former sports doctor whose serial sexual abuse of girls and young women has shaken the gymnastics world was sentenced today to a third prison term of 40 to 125 years behind bars for molesting young athletes at an elite Michigan training centre.... Read More
- St James Police Release List Of Eight Wanted Persons The St James police have compiled and released a new list of persons that they say are wanted for various crimes committed in the western parish. A female is included among the eight persons police are urging to report to the nearest police station... Read More
- London to host new World Cup London will host a new World Cup this summer featuring eight top nations including the United States and Jamaica. Britain, the United States, Poland, China, Germany, France, Jamaica and South Africa will compete at the London Stadium on July 14-15.... Read More
- Five hospitalized after car crashes in gully off Washington Blvd Five persons were rushed to hospital after the car in which they were travelling fell inside a gully off Washington Boulevard in St Andrew on Sunday. Details surrounding the injuries sustained by the driver and the passengers are unclear. The driver... Read More
- By-election for NW St Andrew - March 5 A by-election to fill a vacancy left in the constituency of St Andrew Northwestern following the resignation of the Jamaica Labour Party’s (JLP) Derrick Smith, will be held on March 5. Prime Minister Andrew Holness who made the announcement on... Read More
- Trump accuses FBI leadership amid row over memo US President Donald Trump has accused top officials of politicizing FBI and justice department investigations to damage his Republican party. Later today he is expected to approve the release of a memo that is thought to suggest the FBI abused its... Read More