Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Four persons are now dead and another four, up to yesterday afternoon, remained in hospital following their involvements in two separate road accidents along sections of the Holland Bamboo main road in St Elizabeth, on Friday night into Saturday morning
United States (US) presidential hopeful Kamala Harris is facing scathing criticisms from her father for attributing her support for the legalisation of marijuana to her Jamaican heritage.
Despite denials from Petrojam that its supplies are compromised, a source who has intimate knowledge of operational deficiencies at Jamaica’s sole oil refinery has explained the source of the smelly gas, and is warning that it undermines...
Despite denials from Petrojam that its supplies are compromised, a source who has intimate knowledge of operational deficiencies at Jamaica’s sole oil refinery has explained the source of the smelly gas, and is warning that it undermines vehicle perform
For 27 year old Sanshegay Peart, giving up is not an option. With sheer perseverance and violent optimism, she is determined to live a normal life, achieve her goals and leave a legacy that will help persons like herself in Jamaica.
- Taxi Drivers Protest After Disappearance Of Colleague Taxi operators who ply the Jones Town to downtown Kingston route this morning withdrew their service to protest the disappearance of their colleague.Kenneth Duncan, 51, otherwise called ‘ Twinnie’, of Crooks Street, Kingston 12 has been missing... Read More
- Battle For JCA WITH the Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA) elections just around the corner there is plenty of buzz surrounding second vice-president Mark Neita's recent public declaration that he will challenge his boss Wilford “Billy” Heaven.The deadline for... Read More
- Trump Announces Second North Korea Summit US President Donald Trump has announced in his State of the Union speech, that he will hold a second nuclear summit with North Korea's leader this month.In an address to the nation with the theme "Choosing Greatness", he vowed once again to build a... Read More
- Military 'Blocks Aid Corridor' Venezuelan soldiers have blocked a bridge on the border with Colombia, ahead of a shipment of humanitarian aid, the opposition says.The aid is being arranged by opposition leader Juan Guaidó, who declared himself interim president last month.But it... Read More
- Narrow Escape For Bus Driver in Portmore, St, Catherine The driver and passengers traveling in a Hi-Ace bus on the route from Portmore to Spanish Town narrowly escaped death after running off the road late yesterday afternoon, causing damage to the vehicle.According to reliable sources, they were... Read More
- Entertainment Board Wants Global Support Of Reggae Month The Chairman of the Entertainment Advisory Board, Howard McIntosh, is calling for “global support of Reggae Month by Jamaicans at home and abroad.” McIntosh was speaking after the well-attended Reggae Month Church Service at Fellowship Tabernacle on... Read More